I can’t believe the weekend is already over, but the good news? We are one extra day closer to the weekend again! I don’t know if it was because I got to see Landon before I went to work, the sun was shining, or the fact that it’s already one day into the work week, but I was in a great mood this morning! Which, I really shouldn’t be considering the burn all over my body, no, I take that back.
Just the front.
All in all the week was a pretty typical week for the Schrock’s... soccer games, couple walks, took my car to get new brakes, you know, all the fun stuff. We did actually do one fun thing during the week: Wednesday night, we took Landon over to Grandma and Grandpa Schrock’s to go play with his cousins, Peyton and Graham while we went to dinner with Kordell’s sister, Kara, his brother Brad and his wife, Mindi. It was very nice to have an evening out during the week. A good change of scenery for my
“Wine Wednesday’s.”
I decided I would get Kordell tickets to the Cub’s game for Father’s Day. I decided that we would go this weekend instead of Father’s Day weekend since we would be leaving the kiddo overnight. Not very father like :) Since I am an expert now at this whole Mother’s Day/Father’s Day thing since I have already had one and he has not, I have come to the conclusion that it is nice to have one little outing without the child for the day and then of course have a little Father/Son (Mother/Son) time on the actual day. So for a few weeks now, I have kept a secret from Kordell. Let me tell you, it was tough! I am pretty good at keeping secrets, but when it’s a fun one like this, it’s reallllly hard! All I told him is that Saturday the 28th, we will be waking up very early to hit the road and we will be gone overnight. He could NEVER try this on me, I hate surprises. No, I like surprises, as long as I don’t know about it until it actually happens. I can’t know there is a possibility of a surprise, I would drive myself nuts! So Saturday morning we drop Landon off at my sister’s house and my brother in law says “It looks like the weather might hold off for you guys in Chicago…” OH great… we almost made it. I pretend like it was part of the game, I mean why would he ruin the surprise, right?! Once we got on the by-pass going the wrong way, he might have actually believed we weren't going to Chicago. I was having a blast .. he just couldn’t figure out why we were heading the wrong direction. I was in tears. Who needs coffee at 7am when you can just play this fun game?! Long story short, we picked up Jer and Emily and headed to Chicago. We stayed at our friend Wallace’s apartment. We didn’t dress in our Cubs gear for the car ride so once we got to the apartment and changed, SURPRISE! We’re going to a Cub’s game. He claimed he knew.. guess he caught me looking at Cub’s shirts at Kohl’s a couple weeks ago..
Oops!!
For the sake of your eyes and my fingers, I will just point out a few wonderful (and maybe not so wonderful) things I learned from the trip to Chicago. My first Cubs game was a pretty big success! Didn’t know they sang in the 7th inning, did know the score until the next day, but boy was it fun! Don’t sit on the top row of the bleachers at Wrigley on a windy day. It is a WIND tunnel!
Next opportunity you have to eat a deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich, DO IT. Always make sure you take a girl with you, better yet,
take one with a good memory!
No need to pack a cute outfit, you won’t need it! Don’t believe your driver when they say “once we get out of Chicago we will stop and get you a coffee.” Be sure the person you sleep next to on a defective air mattress weighs more than you; this way, you will never end up on the ground!
Ring, schming. Emily and I still have it, despite the rings on our finger. Yep, I got a guy’s number while waiting on my husband in the bathroom at the Cub’s game while his friend was trying dragging Emily with him to a bar. The new must “must go to” in Chicago, Hamburger Mary’s. Yes, this is a GLBT restaurant and it is AmAzInG! Where else can you get a hamburger with mac and cheese on it.
Yes, Kordell was and still is the Mac Daddy.
After our eventful day/night in the windy city, it was nice to have a little R & R down at my parents lake! We were waiting to see if we got blown away during the storms, we didn’t so we decided, it’s time. Landon meet cereal, cereal, meet Landon. He was SO confused at first. The first time took a while for him to understand what was happening. His face was (and still is) priceless. He chews on the spoon like, “what is this object in my mouth?” My favorite is when he puts his fist in his mouth and the spoon.
He is hoping he might get double.
After the second round, he is now a professional cereal eater. It is so crazy that our little man is eating disgusting real food. Yes, I thought it would be a wise decision to give this rice cereal a shot. Not a good idea. I guess if you have never had tacos, pizza, cookies, pie, chicken, steak, chips, popcorn, soup, grilled cheese, deep fried PBJ.. (you get the idea) then yeah,
I guess rice cereal would be pretty delicious.
Sun-day Monday! (Get it!?) After burning the entire front side of my body in only about 2 hours tops, I have learned an important lesson very quickly. Even though you don’t feel your skin frying, it is. Landon got to go swimming for the first time this weekend. He loves the bath so I figured he would love his little pool too, not so much. He thought it was cold, I told him to tough it out and then I got in and started crying too:) We didn’t last long, but boy was it fun. Since all of his suits are too big for him still, he decided to go skinny dipping. The best part? Him standing in the pool.. peeing.. Yep, pretty sure there is not a single person in the world I would knowingly allow to pee in the 5ft by 3ft pool I am sitting in other than my precious baby boy!
Until next week my friends..
No comments:
Post a Comment