Ok, so I usually write my blogs and then insert the pictures... well I wrote my blog on Monday and then my computer died which had all of my pictures on it.. It is now Wednesday night, no computer, no pictures. So, this blog lacks a few pictures. But the good news is, you get to hear all about the computer issues in next week's blog:)
Continue on...
Another week has already come and gone, can you believe it? I realized that there is actually one negative thing about having a shorter week … Your skin has one less day to heal before the next burn comes around. I lied, I didn’t burn again. It may because I actually used sun screen, or the fact that I was not in the sun much due to this little man:
Continue on...
Another week has already come and gone, can you believe it? I realized that there is actually one negative thing about having a shorter week … Your skin has one less day to heal before the next burn comes around. I lied, I didn’t burn again. It may because I actually used sun screen, or the fact that I was not in the sun much due to this little man:
(nope, not the picture I was going to use, but still pretty darn cute)
Which brings me to my newest issue…
I haven’t had much time to Google this to properly come up with a self-diagnosis, but I like to call it the “I can’t sleep!” Hence, the no caffeine after 1pm deal. I guess I shouldn’t call it a new issue, considering it has been happening for quiet sometime now, but it has gotten bad. Don’t get me wrong, I am tired, I mean tired. I just lay in bed and think about what we will have for dinner, what I am going to wear to work for the week, what I am doing this weekend, what the weather is going to be like, I think about my car, shoes, laundry, walks, friends, the toaster, what I am doing for Christmas 2015, Landon’s 1st birthday, helicopters, tv, college, facebook, swimming, jewelry, cell phones, clowns, family, jell-o, golf, headbands, glasses, my birthday, the dentist, monkeys, Kordell’s 30th birthday, airplanes, music, gum, tan lines, THIS BLOG. I think you get the point. Anything and everything that does not matter at that time and can easily be thought about in 7-9 hours. People always say, “Get a notebook to keep on your night stand and when you think about something, just write it down.” Let me tell you the problem with that: 1. There is not enough paper/ink in the world to hold all of my thoughts and 2. I would not sleep at all because I would be up writing all night. You read my blogs, I’m a bit wordy. So pretty much I am going to be busy the next few days trying to diagnose myself with this and come up with a great treatment plan. I don’t know how the doctors do it so fast, it takes time! I sure could use a good night of shut eye and I am sure my co-workers (and husband!) would also appreciate not having to look at the bags under my eyes and deal with my blissful attitude.
I left work a little early Friday so I could surprise my sister Jenn, her husband Derek and my niece Taylor at the airport! The best part of all was that we picked them up in what Taylor (2 ½) likes to call “Grandpa’s Bus.” Yes, the good ol’ RV. Each trip we make keeps getting a little longer to practice for that 10 hour drive… one more month! We stayed down at my parents’ house all weekend with The Moon's. Finally Mother Nature finally gave us a wonderful weekend; almost too wonderful. It was HOT. Even hotter when you can’t find your bathing suit bottoms so you can’t get in the water! (Can’t wait for my new one to arrive in 3-5 business days!) Plus, Landon could only take it outside in the shade for about 15 minutes tops before the sweat rolling down his naked little body made him mad. I don’t blame him; I was pretty much over the heat too. I am pretty sure I have about a 5 degree comfort zone and this didn't make the cut. So before Landon and I called it a day and hung in the air conditioning, we decided maybe he wanted to take a dip in the lake with everyone first..
He loved it as you can see from his face.
(imagine a super cute baby having his feet dipped in the lake and screaming because he hated it)
Almost as much as daddy did. (I swear he wasn’t posing)
(imagine my husbands face and body over the "attractive beauty" as google images likes to call her, laying on a raft in the lake)
(imagine my husbands face and body over the "attractive beauty" as google images likes to call her, laying on a raft in the lake)
Saturday night we played poker.. the economy must have really taken a turn, we used to only play $1 a person, we are now at $2!! Ballllll-ers! Guess who took the first pot, yup, my husband. Guess who won the second game, yup, yours truly. It’s no wonder they call us Schrockstars. One more game, I bet Landon would have won.
Landon has had such a good time playing with his cousin Taylor, Aunt Jenn and Uncle Derek from Arizona this weekend. My favorite part was when my mom was playing with Landon (5 months old) and Taylor (2 ½ years old) and I over hear:
Grandma: “Taylor , don’t hit Landon”
Grandma: “He’s a baby, he didn’t mean it.”
His first fight, too cute! I guess Landon is used to playing with the boys; it appears Taylor is too! Luckily the weather was nice on Sunday too, so we got to go out on the boat again. We actually took the boat across the channel to an open house. Nothing better than walking around your neighbors house when their not home. The sad thing is, the only other people at the open house were nosey neighbors too.
Wonder which one of us will win the free gas card give away.
This is it folks, “Boom Boom”:
The first color I have painted on my toes in 3 years. Yes, you read that correctly. It has been 3 long years that my toe nails have seen any polish. (don’t ask… ) I finally broke down and did it this weekend.
Hello sandals, hello summer!
Now it’s back to the real world for the week. What fun and exciting things will happen to us this week?
Only time will tell…



Love it! I hope you find a treatment for your sleeping problem ;)
ReplyDelete