Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap #7

I say it time and time again, but I have no life during the week.  So instead of blogging about me coming home from work every day, playing with Landon, making dinner, making our lunches, cleaning up from dinner/lunches, giving Landon a bath, feeding him, putting him to sleep, watching TV, playing on-line and going to sleep every day of the week, I will skip to the weekend!  Ok, back it up, we did go to Kordell’s softball game Thursday!  It was a pretty successful trip this time, no lady ordering Subway for every person she knows, showing up on time (15 min late), no fussy baby.  All in all, quiet enjoyable, minus the gameJ 

Nothing like starting your weekend with a friendly wave from a Semi-Driver!  No offense against semi-drivers, just creepy ones.  I just don’t get it sometimes, do these people think if they wave or whistle you will follow them or flag them over and say “Hey, you waved/whistled at me, wanna go out?”  Doubt it.  Some women may find this flattering, I find it disgusting.  Continuing on into my fun-filled Friday night..  The other day Kordell brought home a bunch of 20% off coupons to Kohl's.  It was quiet funny, he thought he had hit the jack pot with these puppies– little does he know, Kohl’s coupons are not hard to come by.  So, on our way to dinner Friday night, we stopped in to do a little shopping. *Oops, did I say I just had a quick return?!*  As I was checking out, (Landon – 8, Me -0..funny how things change) I saw a lady in line with a large purchase and thought, hey! I have a few extra coupons.. let’s make her day.  So, I gave her a 20% off coupon, she was so thankful, but almost more shocked than anything.  I was being nosy and listening to her total, it was $146 before the coupon and then $116 after the coupon.  I saved the lady 30 bucks!!  What a fun game!! I kind of wanted to stay longer and pass out more coupons and watch people save money they weren’t planning on saving to begin with.. But, it was father’s day weekend and all, so we had to get to dinner.  Plus, since it was Father’s Day weekend I allowed Kordell to be a sub in a softball game Friday night so he had to keep moving to get to his game on time.  The games were past Landon’s bed time so we couldn’t go watch, darn!  I had just a grand ol' time by myself anyways downloading tunes and sipping on my vino.  Maybe he can join that Friday night league after all.  (just kidding Kordell, don’t get any ideas)

If you know me, you know I like to celebrate things for as long as possible… I pretty much celebrate my birthday for the entire month of November.  So of course Father’s day isn’t just a day, it’s a weekend!  They say the way to a man’s heart is through is stomach so after this weekend, I think I have pretty much taken over his heartJ  Luckily for Kordell, I cannot sleep in anymore so Saturday morning, I made him the breakfast of champions.  *Another random fact about me, I like everything to be a surprise.*  (for others, not me!)  So, as I was making breakfast, I didn’t want him to see what I was making until I was done, whyWho knows.. maybe it will taste better if he doesn’t know what I am making.  As I was making his breakfast, I was also making other things for the next day, which was also a surprise, duh“Why are you cutting up celery” “What’s the chicken for” “Why is there water boiling”  He’s like a child, or am I?   Kordell has been working on finishing the basement which kind of has taken the backseat now that there is a little kiddo taking up 110% of our attention.  So, for father's day, I knew he would actually want to work on it.  So, Grandma Schrock came to the rescue.  While I went and did girly things, (get my hair done, shop, etc) and Kordell did boy things, (work on the basement) she watched Landon.  Thanks GrandmaJ  Of course I surprised Kordell for dinner and had homemade pizza.  If you ask him his favorite meal ever he will say that or green bean casserole, and that wasn’t going to happen!  Of course we had to walk to Flavor Freeze for dessert.. the whole walking there thing makes you feel a little less guilty for eating ice cream at 8 pm… just a little

My mom would be so proud of what I made for breakfast Sunday, cinnamon rolls!  No, not from scratch, let’s be serious.  Those delicious ones from the tube you pop out, cook and ice.  We grew up on those things!  Well of course I had a bigger surprise for Father’s Day other than the homemade cinnamon rolls!  We stopped at home after Church so I could grab some last minute things and I think I may have given it away my secret when I said “You probably should go to the bathroom while we are here.”   Oops.  He got in the car and said “So what park are we going to?”  He’s so smart.  We found the perfect spot at Ox Bow Park for us to have our picnic.  No one around except the dragonflies, ants and weird little green bugs.  Somehow I managed to make Chicken Salad, Potato Salad, Fruit (ok, I bought that) and someone’s favorite, dirt pudding all without Kordell knowing.  I packed utensils, drinks, toys, a blanket, a hat, umbrella, stroller, camera, hat and even bug spray. 
I am good


I’ll spare you details of our whole picnic and afternoon but let me just tell you it was perfect!  I thought about doing so many great things with my boys but as smart as my little man is, he won’t remember it.  We’ll save my other ideas for when he is older and I can surprise him too!  I don’t think he minded our little picnic, in fact, I think he had a wonderful time playing with his daddy


I thought about dedicating a whole blog to Kordell and all of the wonderful reasons why he is such an amazing father, but then I thought, nope.  That’s too much information for you people.  I am pretty sure my card to him said everything that needs to be said.  He even made a comment about how impressive it is that I can fill up every inch of the empty space and wrap up my thoughts with just enough space left for my name.  I’m a professional.  So for all of you mushy readers out there, just know this:  Landon and I are truly the luckiest people in the world to have Kordell in our lives.  He is the most patient and loving father and husband in the world.  I am so happy knowing Landon looks up to such a wonderful person.  Kordell loves this song which is so appropriate to share on this Father’s Day blog.. it always makes me smile just thinking of my two boys.  Especially after yesterday, the whole 4 letter word thing really makes me laugh.  Ask Kordell about his 4 trips to Lowe’s!  I thought that would be every man’s Father’s Day dreamguess not!


Happy Father’s Day Kordell – We love you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment