Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap #8

I try and post my weekend re-cap on Monday’s but I was a bit pre-occupied this past Monday, but we’ll get to that later.  In fact, I am going to save that for tomorrow.  I have just decided I will dedicate another blog to just Landon.. so everything, well close to everything about him, will move until tomorrow. 
He deserves his own blog every now and thenJ

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday.  My new favorite night of the week!  I really find it annoying when people post on FB (or anywhere!) when they work out.  I just ran 5.8 miles!” “Getting ready to hit the gym” “4 Work out classes today  Good. For. You.  (sorry if you are one of these people, just telling you how I feel)  Not, that I don’t work out, because I do, I just don’t feel like everyone and their brother needs to know about it.  BUT… for the sake of my Tuesday night fun, I have to tell you.  We have a work out class everyday at lunch at work and Monday’s class is DANCE!  Nope, I am not a good dancer, but let me tell you, it is fun.  So, a few friends and I have decided to start up Schrock’s Studios and bust a move in my basement Tuesday nights.  I keep telling Kordell to come dance with us but he won’t.  I know he is secretly upstairs doing the dances.  Somehow he actually knows all of the moves, quite scary. 
His favorite one is Teenage Dream.  <3

My God-Father passed away on the 18th, so Thursday evening we went to his viewing.  It doesn’t matter that he was 85, viewings are never fun!  The worst part is, his wife is not doing well so she could not be at the viewing/funeral.  This breaks my heart; I honestly cannot even imagine not being able to be there for your husbands funeral.   Getting old makes me sick.  Let’s move on to a happier subject.  No cavities at the dentist this week, that always makes me happy!  I remember going to the dentist growing up, (yes, I remember this, how?  Probably because I was there every week, j/k) and my mom would always take us to get a milkshake afterwards if we didn’t have a cavity.  I always hated having to wait 30 minutes to be able to drink it… I didn’t get to have milkshakes that often so it didn’t really matterJ   Remember that new computer I got last week?  Yeah, I returned it this week. 
Word of advice;
don’t buy a computer based off of the fact that your husband’s name is on the computer.


Friday night was the typical Friday night for the Schrock’s… Old Navy, dinner out.  I always love going out to eat and clearly seeing who has children and who does not.  Our waiter grabbed crayons and an activity sheet for Landon.  Really?  Saturday the Schrockstar’s went to my nephew Cole’s 5 year old birthday party at the Fire Station.  Cole had about 12 friends there ranging from 3 years old to 6 years old.  Remember that show “Kids Say the Dardenst Things?”  I don’t either but I know there was one.  Anyways, they sure do say the dardenst things!  My favorite quote of the day was from the birthday boy himself.. as the fireman was telling the kids what an ambulance is used for, Cole says “We all know what an ambulance is, duh!  
Dumb fireman!


Sunday my parents took the RV up to Potato Creek for their first camping trip!  We went up there for the afternoon and had a great time!  My favorite part was driving around the park and seeing all of the “professional campers.”  These people had yard art, personalized signs with their name and establishment date, and even saw several with party lights all over their campers.  These people aren’t messing around.  My parents have a ways to go to catch up…We decided to go on a hike while we were there, what else do you have to do?!  Kordell had been talking about this hike for days.  He thought he needed to bring snares, ropes, knives and what not just incase he needed to build a fire or kill an animal for dinner.  He watches too many survival shows.  Well, we ended up getting lost and according to my handy dandy smart phone, we walked for 2 hours and put 5 miles on the ol’ sneakers.  Luckily we found a nice family with a map and told us how to get back.  If we would have stayed on the path we were going, we would have been at easily 10 miles.  Good thing we had a bottle of water for Landon’s bottle, my parents dog probably wouldn’t have survived.  Reminder: next time take map, compass and water.

Have you ever been laughed at when you told someone a dream you have?  I have.  By my husband.  I told him about my dream occupation; what I wanted to do for the longest time, and he laughed.  No, I’ll never do it, but we can all dream, right?  I have always wanted to be (I am sure they have a title) one of those people who gets your demo tapes and says “Yeah!” or "Keep Dreaming.”  For some reason, Kordell finds my dream occupation funny.  Regardless, I love music.  I listen to music 24/7, minus sleeping and minus working.  (we can’t listen to music at work, boo!) So, I figured, what better addition to my blog than to add music!  It may surprise some of you the type of music I listen to, so since their may be sensitive ears, I will make sure all songs are the “clean” version!  Each week I will add a new song.  It may be a new song I am loving at the moment, may be an oldie but goodie, it may have a special meaning that I may or may not tell you about… just whatever I am feeling for that week!   I have had songs on it before, but for my first officialI am having a new song on my blog every week” song… Katy Perry – Teenage DreamSince it is Tuesday and all, I figured I should post a dance song – why not Kordell’s favorite! 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment