What. A. Week!
I hate to admit it but I was almost excited to go to work Monday for a chance to just sit. I feel like the Schrock's have just been go, go, go these past few weeks. We are very tired from the weekend, in fact on our 25 min drive home yesterday, Kordell had to pull over so I could drive because he couldn't stay awake. Yikes! So, since I am a little foggy, I'll cut the words down and step the pictures up.
I hate to admit it but I was almost excited to go to work Monday for a chance to just sit. I feel like the Schrock's have just been go, go, go these past few weeks. We are very tired from the weekend, in fact on our 25 min drive home yesterday, Kordell had to pull over so I could drive because he couldn't stay awake. Yikes! So, since I am a little foggy, I'll cut the words down and step the pictures up.
I have to make up for last week, right?!

We don't typically do much during the week, Kordell may have a game here or there, may go on a family walk but that's about the extent of our excitement during the week. No lavish meals, no going out to eat, no hanging out with friends. We are homebodies Monday-Thursday. Not this week! My sister and her family from Arizona were still in town so Monday night we had the three of them, Chris and Lindsay (Cole was gone) and my Dad (my Mom was gone too) over for dinner. Luckily, I left work at 4 that day so I had time to help with dinner and wasn't completely bombarded when I got home. That is a lot of people for a Monday night. We don't mind though, Landon always seems to sleep better after a large gathering like that. I think he gets exhausted watching his cousins, especially Taylor. She is full of energy! I don't know why but she was making us all crack up saying "DELL" alllll dinner long.

As you may recall on my last post, there was a lack of pictures due to a computer issue. Well yes, our computer died. Well, not really. The screen started acting up, so I quickly bought an external hard-drive, brought it in to my IT buddy and had him save my pictures, FAST! I have learned my lesson once before about computers crashing and losing all of my pictures.. No, I lied. I guess I didn't learn my lesson because it just about happened again. I learned my lesson this time, I swear. I can't imagine losing all of Landon's pictures.. I would be sick. So yes, I had to buy a new computer this week. Uggh. Although, I do have to say, next time you need to buy a new computer, go to Amazon. No tax, plus free shipping (if you know the right people!) According to my IT friends, 3 years is about the life expectancy on a computer now a days, (pathetic) so in 3 years when I get mad I have to buy a new one and I say "I swore we just got this one.." I can look back at my handy dandy blog and say nope, it's been 3 years.
We don't typically do much during the week, Kordell may have a game here or there, may go on a family walk but that's about the extent of our excitement during the week. No lavish meals, no going out to eat, no hanging out with friends. We are homebodies Monday-Thursday. Not this week! My sister and her family from Arizona were still in town so Monday night we had the three of them, Chris and Lindsay (Cole was gone) and my Dad (my Mom was gone too) over for dinner. Luckily, I left work at 4 that day so I had time to help with dinner and wasn't completely bombarded when I got home. That is a lot of people for a Monday night. We don't mind though, Landon always seems to sleep better after a large gathering like that. I think he gets exhausted watching his cousins, especially Taylor. She is full of energy! I don't know why but she was making us all crack up saying "DELL" alllll dinner long.
As you may recall on my last post, there was a lack of pictures due to a computer issue. Well yes, our computer died. Well, not really. The screen started acting up, so I quickly bought an external hard-drive, brought it in to my IT buddy and had him save my pictures, FAST! I have learned my lesson once before about computers crashing and losing all of my pictures.. No, I lied. I guess I didn't learn my lesson because it just about happened again. I learned my lesson this time, I swear. I can't imagine losing all of Landon's pictures.. I would be sick. So yes, I had to buy a new computer this week. Uggh. Although, I do have to say, next time you need to buy a new computer, go to Amazon. No tax, plus free shipping (if you know the right people!) According to my IT friends, 3 years is about the life expectancy on a computer now a days, (pathetic) so in 3 years when I get mad I have to buy a new one and I say "I swore we just got this one.." I can look back at my handy dandy blog and say nope, it's been 3 years.
I knew this thing would come in handy one day!
Thursday night was simply amazing. Kordell had a softball game and I needed to run some errands in Mishawaka so my sister Lindsay watched Landon so I could go enjoy my evening without having to load and unload him at every stop. It was PERFECT. (Thanks, Linds!) What's even better is calling to check in to see how things are going with the kiddo and hearing screaming in the background. Yes, I actually liked it. (I knew he was in good hands, she just forgot the paci at home for a car ride.) I hung up the phone, turned up my tunes and kept enjoying my evening out alone :)
We were down at my parents all weekend hanging out with the family. Good food, good drinks, good weather, good company, good times! It only took the whole weekend and about 400 shots, but we finally got a good picture of all 3 cousins plus grandma and grandpa!
Thursday night was simply amazing. Kordell had a softball game and I needed to run some errands in Mishawaka so my sister Lindsay watched Landon so I could go enjoy my evening without having to load and unload him at every stop. It was PERFECT. (Thanks, Linds!) What's even better is calling to check in to see how things are going with the kiddo and hearing screaming in the background. Yes, I actually liked it. (I knew he was in good hands, she just forgot the paci at home for a car ride.) I hung up the phone, turned up my tunes and kept enjoying my evening out alone :)
We were down at my parents all weekend hanging out with the family. Good food, good drinks, good weather, good company, good times! It only took the whole weekend and about 400 shots, but we finally got a good picture of all 3 cousins plus grandma and grandpa!
Not an easy task; Grandma and Grandpa would not sit still!

Sunday was a special day for us - Landon was dedicated at Church. We were so happy to have both set of grandparents, his great grandma and grandpa Schrock, Aunt Kara, Aunt Lindsay, Uncle Chris, Cole, Uncle Derek, Aunt Jenn and Taylor all there. Landon did so good. I was worried he would get up there and cry the whole time but he was perfect. Well, minus him throwing up all over Kordell and me having to leave stage to get a burp cloth. No biggie!
Sunday was a special day for us - Landon was dedicated at Church. We were so happy to have both set of grandparents, his great grandma and grandpa Schrock, Aunt Kara, Aunt Lindsay, Uncle Chris, Cole, Uncle Derek, Aunt Jenn and Taylor all there. Landon did so good. I was worried he would get up there and cry the whole time but he was perfect. Well, minus him throwing up all over Kordell and me having to leave stage to get a burp cloth. No biggie!
At least it was on Daddy and not the Pastor!

After Church we had all of the family over to my parents for a cookout and boat ride. A lady I know makes cakes so I had her make an extra cute one for Landon. (OK, it was really for the adults.) I decided I didn't want to be cliché and have a cross on the cake so I asked her to do a picnic/cookout themed cake instead.
After Church we had all of the family over to my parents for a cookout and boat ride. A lady I know makes cakes so I had her make an extra cute one for Landon. (OK, it was really for the adults.) I decided I didn't want to be cliché and have a cross on the cake so I asked her to do a picnic/cookout themed cake instead.
The cake was simply amazing!

On a more serious note; to the lady who threw her arms up at me this morning on my way to work because I did not run the ORANGE light. Sorry you are running late to work this morning, but I'm not. In fact, I have a few extra minutes that I will do whatever I can in the next two miles to make you even more annoyed:)
(yep, I have severe road rage)
On a more serious note; to the lady who threw her arms up at me this morning on my way to work because I did not run the ORANGE light. Sorry you are running late to work this morning, but I'm not. In fact, I have a few extra minutes that I will do whatever I can in the next two miles to make you even more annoyed:)
(yep, I have severe road rage)
No comments:
Post a Comment