I have been so busy these past couple of days that I have had zero time to work on this blog, (hence the delay) which I knew would happen sooner or later. I was going to tell you that it won’t be as long as normal since I am so busy but when I start typing, I just can’t stop. Sorry! Which brings me to my first warning: Next week’s blog will be long, I mean really long. Why wouldn’t it be?? I’ll have one more extra “fun day” to write about.
Lucky you (and me)!
This week Landon has decided he wants to start waking up earlier then the normal 8am. I am not loving this. We are VERY blessed to have a babysitter come to our house to watch our little man during the day so 99% of the time, he is still sleeping when I leave so I just say my goodbye at night when we put him to sleep and I just leave in the morning. Sometimes I will quietly peek in his room in the morning just for a little look before I go to work, but I don’t have to kiss him and say good-bye which has really made this whole going back to work thing SO much easier. Now that the little stinker wants to get up about 7:15, it’s making this whole going back to work thing NOT so easy.
I try really hard to keep it together while I say good-bye but when I get into the car… L
Let’s change the topic before I get sad again. Oh, this one will just brighten my day! Worst/Best product ever?!
The Pampered Chef Apple Slicer
The Pampered Chef Apple Slicer

I have such a love - hate love relationship with this little thing. I use this puppy everyday, yep, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” (which you will see later is a LIE). So I guess the fact that I have almost sliced off my finger 3 times is actually a pretty low percentage. Two of the three times some may say were “my fault” (which I can debate) because I touched the blade, but the third time the top part of the slicer gouged my finger. Warning #2 for the day – Do not use this product on wide apples! Just to note: this happened last Monday and it is now Thursday and it is still not healed.
Do you know how hard it is to text without your thumb?!
Wednesday night we were invited to go to our nephew’s Spring Music Program at his pre-school. What an adventure! I tell you what, next time you are looking for something to do during the week, look up where one of these may be near you, I promise you, even if you don’t know a single kid, you will have a blast! I had four favorite kids to watch: 1. The girl with the inappropriate dance moves. I am not sure if she has seen her mom doing these or really just had no idea what she was doing, regardless, it was hilarious watching her move like that and have no idea what her moves actually might indicate. 2. The kid in the front row who did nothing. He didn’t sing, he didn’t dance, he didn’t move. Nothing. Of course the hyper one was next to him. She would bounce into his space and instead of moving for Miss Bouncy, he leaned to the side so she didn’t knock him over. Priceless!! 2. They had microphones strategically placed in front of the kids and one girl every so often thought it was her own concert and sang into the mic. The funnier part? She kept nudging the girl next to her to do it too but being a good little girl – she didn’t fall for it. And the cutest kid of all? 1. The cute little kid on the end with his hands in his pocket the whole time… my nephew Cole! I guess it’s better than him busting out Beyonce movesJ
Tuesday my mom calls and says her and my dad will be over after work to show us something.. oh great! What could it possibly be? New car, nope. New boat, nope. New dog, nope. An RV? YEP! Duh, they brought it up on Saturday and of course 72 hours later, they had it! You may be thinking to yourself “I didn’t know the Megan’s were campers.” Well they (we) aren’t. I am sure I will have great stories to come but for now just think: 4th of July, 9+ hour drive, 8 adults, a 5 year old, 3 year old and 6 month old in a 22 ft RV. Chaotic Fun times ahead!
Friday night we got to hang out with the soon to be Wingards! So happy Jer finally got to meet the little man, too bad it was at his graduation open house j/k J I turned into a bum later in the night though because….Saturday morning I woke up with a sore throat and a fever. Not a happy camper. So I drug my self to an urgent care to get some medicine. The doctor said I was contagious since I had a fever so no loving on my baby.. BOO. Let me tell you, that was tough! Kordell did let me kiss Landon’s foot though, shh don’t tell. So I packed up shop and we went down to my parents for the day and night so Kordell could do some fishing and I could be spoiled rotten. Nothing better then being treated like a baby by your mom (thanks mom!) when your sick instead of being questioned by your husband “What exactly are your symptoms again?” I mean every mom buy’s their sick kid a get well soon cake, right?!
(yes, it is winnie the pooh.. who knows why!)
The weekend ended by spending some time with the In-Laws. Kordell’s brother and his family are here from PA. Landon had a blast watching his cousins run all around! He will be seeing a lot more of these little guys once they move back, he will almost have all of his cousins within 20 min… just one more to goJ I will have to post pictures next time of the boys together, I am mother of the year and forgot the camera! What’s new?
Of all of these amazing things that happened over the week, want to know what possibly might be my favorite? Getting into my car after Kordell had been driving it and Keilis – Milkshake was the last song played on my MP3 player.
Yes, I chose him.
Yes, I chose him.
No comments:
Post a Comment