Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap #2

After my first official week as a blogger, I am pretty much a professional now.  I have decided that the best way to go about my blog is to continue to do weekend re-caps of all the fun and exciting things that have happened to us the past week.  (or at least what we think was fun and exciting!) If I have extra stuff I want to chat about, I’ll just throw in an extra blog here and there as a special treat.  So, here it is:  Weekend Re-cap #2!

Wednesday I got an e-mail from my sitter “He Did It!”  Yep, he finally rolled-over:)  He did it three times for her during the day so I cancelled all my plans for the evening (ok, I lied, I have no life) and played and played until he did it for us, twice!  After me screaming and causing him to cry after roll #1, I was surprised he did it again.  My next mission is to catch it on video.  For some reason, the second a camera comes out, he just stares at it in amazement and stops whatever he was doing.  Typical.

Landon went to his first softball game this past week; he went to cheer on daddy in the 90 degree heat.  He loved it, probably because he slept the whole time.  Wonder if I could fit in his stroller with him next time?!  Our little man went to the doctor this week, weighing in at a whopping 12 pounds 4 oz and 24 ¾ inches long.  That puts him in the 3rd percentile for weight and 32% for height.  I would say “little man” is pretty accurate.  He had to have shots, not a fan.  Can you blame him?  The good news about shots is that it is a sure sign that mommy and daddy will have an uninterrupted night of sleep:) Another exciting tidbit from the week is that I got my very own pair of calipers at work.  Sure, not that big of a deal but still pretty fun.  It is just strange to think I went to college for four years to be a Social Worker (shout out BSU) and now I am talking pcb boards, circuits, diodes and using calipers.
Quite funny how things change.

Kelly was in town this past week!  Between all of her plans and all of our plans, we didn’t get to spend a lot of time together, but at least we could visit for a little bit.  Landon was glad too!! Can't wait to see her again in December!

Ahh… the smart phone.  Kordell made a big move this weekend; he traded in his ol’ flip phone for a smart phone.  Boy does he think he is something!  He is the only person in the world I know that feels they need to warm their finger before touching the phone.  “It’s heat sensitive” as he likes to say.  DUMB.  I guess I shouldn’t be too harsh.  I think him getting the phone and having a distraction made for a happier shopping partner Saturday afternoon.  We had grandma Schrock watch Landon Saturday while we went shopping and out to dinner.  It was so nice to go in and out of stores without a stroller, cart, car seat, etc.  It was even nicer when we heard baby’s screaming in public; not sure why but it just brings a smile to my face:)  The doctor told us we can start him on baby food soon so we went and got Landon a high chair for the big day.  Every night we put Landon in a swing, his bouncy toy, the floor, etc. while we eat and he gets so mad resulting in one of us holding the screaming baby while we eat.  We may have just found the answer we were looking for!  He just wants to be a big boy and sit at the table with mommy and daddy! 

The best part of the week, we cannot even tell you about, bummer!  I know secrets don’t make friends, but sometimes, secrets are better kept a secret.  Let me just say that some people are just downright NICE.  There is no better way to put it.  I wish there was something more we could say to show our gratitude besides:
THANK YOU!

All in all, it was a pretty amazing week.  Hey, I even got to paint my nails Sunday.  Big deal right?  It sure is!  The fact that I actually sat down and did nothing for 45ish minutes is pretty unbelievable.  Sure, they will probably chip tomorrow, but they sure looked cute for the day!

Have a fantastic week – I plan to!

No comments:

Post a Comment