I couldn’t figure out what exactly I wanted to highlight from my weekend because I have so much to say, (surprise surprise) so I figured a weekend recap would be best.
Luckily, there was a woman in front of me who seemed to be enjoying herself quite nicely, making for rather good entertainment. Plus, I was with “Good” company, [get it?!] so at the end of the day, I would say it was worth the $25 tickets, plus, I even learned a few things this night: 1. If you are dancing alone and your husband is paying zero attention to you, you should probably take that as a hint and sit down. 2. Billy Currington is a hottie. 3. If a guy is going to wear makeup; he should learn how to apply it. Foundation lines are SO 1997! 4. Always*Carry*Cash!
Ahh Mother’s Day. Yep, I was selfish this year and wanted to be all alone with my Schrockstars. :) It’s my first Mother’s Day, I can do what I want, right?! I am not going to share every little detail about my special day but let’s just say it was perfect. It started with Kordell pouring me half a box of cinnamon cheerios which I ate every single “o” just because he poured it with TLC. For lunch we had toaster strudels, trail mix, Mio water, fruit snacks, yogurt, cheerios, string cheese and a granola bar sample. (Thanks Meijer!) We spent the afternoon running ERIN’s and planting flowers outside. To top off the day we went to my favorite places, El Maguey for dinner and Flavor Freeze for a flurry!! Some people may think I have a slight obsession with my birthday, but I am pretty sure Mother’s Day has taken that spot. 99% of the world does not know when it’s your birthday but if you go out and about on Mother’s Day, with your child, you’re pretty much famous. Sure, I got flowers and a gift card to get a massage (I can’t wait!) but it’s not every day that when I ask “What are the chances of you getting me a water?” and hearing the response.. “Probably really good.” (k) Or my favorite, “What are you doing?” (k) “Um, laundry” (e) “Well stop! Go play with Landon, let me do the laundry.” (k) Nope, no breakfast in bed, elaborate dinner or sipping wine in the vineyard while being serenaded. Instead, my Mother’s Day consisted of spending the entire day with the two most important people in my life. Thank you to my boys for making my day so special!
Finally, and most importantly:
If you have never saved someone’s life before, next chance you get, I highly recommend it. Your life will never be the same. <3
Love it Erin!! I can not wait to read more!! Now I get to have a peek into living like a "sChrockstar" and instead of my life like a "shrockstar"
ReplyDeleteErin, you are such a great Mom! Landon will love reading stories about when he was little and I will too :) So glad your boys made your first Mother's Day special!
ReplyDelete