I am tired.
No, not just needing a little nap, but another 30 hours of sleep, straight. I only recall feeling this way maybe two other times in my life. I am talking the kind of tired that you wake up and stumble out of bed, have to hold on to things in order not to actually fall down. The kind of tired that you actually feel sick because you are so tired. The kind of tired you don’t even attempt to put on more makeup to hide the bags under your eyes because no amount will help. The crazy thing is I woke up Monday morning 10 minutes before my alarm went off and yet, I still was late leaving for work. Everything seemed to be going in s.l.o.w m.o.t.i.o.n. As I was running late on my commute to work, at one point I just faced the fact that I would probably be arriving late; I was honestly too tired to even attempt to speed because that would entail me having to use some sort of strength to push the gas pedal harder. I didn’t even attempt to turn up the radio to try and wake myself up because again, I would have to use some sort of muscle to lean forward to adjust the volume. Not worth it. Instead of getting a DWI on the way to work Monday morning, I really needed a ticket for DWT (Driving While Tired). You may be asking yourself, why in the world is she so tired? I didn’t get much sleep Saturday night. I went to bed around midnight and got up at 7:30. Yes, that is correct, 7 hours of sleep and this is the affects. Let the record show, I did make it to work on time, in fact, with one minute to spare. What was the first thing I thought of? MAN, I had 1 more minute I could have slept!
As some of you may have seen/heard; someone in the Schrockstar clan left our computer outside overnight the other night. Big deal right? Well it is when that particular evening there was a thunderstorm! I honestly have no idea how the computer survived. Kordell took the battery out in the morning and left it to dry all day. He plugged it in at night and just like that.. it worked! Seriously, I would like to thank HP for saving me (KORDELL) another 600 bucks. In fact, I may just pop over to the website and give them a thumbs up. Another thumbs up I would like to give for the week is to Kathy Megan – yup, my mom! Landon’s babysitter started school this past week and her class is Tuesday afternoons so babysitter #2 fills in. I came home from work and the dishwasher was put away, laundry was done, the microwave and stove had been cleaned and Landon’s “baby” clothes have been sorted out. Are you kidding me?! She was only there 4 hours! I can get used to this! Sure, she put the spatulas in the wrong spot (they go in the spinney thing on the counter next time J ) but who cares, I will take it! She said she ran out of time but was going to start working on windows, bathrooms and the laundry room closet. I think Tuesdays are my new favorite days.
If only she could cook.
If only she could cook.
Thursday evening Kordell told me, we have plans Saturday so just be ready at 8:45am. Um, sorry, that does not fly with me. I hate surprises! So for the next 2 days, I asked 457,482 questions and 0 of them were answered. Annoying! I take that back, I did ask what I should wear and Kordell says “Capri’s.” Little does he know, I don’t like capris. Once he told me about this surprise, I recall over hearing a conversation that him and his mom were having on the phone the other day, discussing the size diaper Landon is currently wearing and then Kordell says “Don’t worry, I will bring some.” Ok, hint #1. I knew we were not staying overnight somewhere because I didn’t need to pack a bag and he would never attempt to pack me an overnight bag. At least I would hope he wouldn’t attempt it! Hint #2, it’s local. As I was discussing this “surprise” with Emily at work the other day, she found this to be quite entertaining. She always is bubbly and happy but she was acting awfully excited about my surprise. Hint #3. Saturday morning, just as I thought, we dropped off Landon at Kordell’s parents and picked up Jer and Emily. (Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Schrock for watching our little man!!) As we made our way into the lovely state of Michigan, I was pretty sure we were going to the casino. I don’t gamble, but I still don’t mind going. (great place to people watch) Well, I may put a dollar in the penny slot but once I lose it, I am done. Then get depressed thinking how I could have gotten a McDonald’s diet coke with that dollar and it would have been way better! As we continued driving, I started to see the most beautiful sight… grape vines. Ohhh yes. We are going wine tasting before the casino! A little give and take, wine for the ladies, casino for the men. I was wrong, it was a full day of wine tasting! What could be better?! How about spending the day with a true wine connoisseur, Jeremiah Wingard (vin*gart). Yes, he was impressing us all with his German tongue; or was it French? It was Guverswnaga! One of the wineries was having a festival that day so there were live bands, food, lots of people outside in the sunshine and we decided to hang out inside in the dark basement. That’s ok, our new BFF Jonathan was down there; I just love nice people, especially employees of a winery! Thank you to my amazing husband for planning such a fun filled day and to my wonderful friends for hanging out with the ol’ Schrocks all day. J
Oh wait, did I say they just put up with us all day? I lied. Yep, we went ahead and turned this into a 24 hour event. It’s about time I got to sing Wonderwall on rock band again! We had such a fun night hanging out with our friends – acting our shoe size, not our age. Good times. I just wish we would have bought that dog book at one of the wineries so we could have played “lets make up what this dog is thinking” all night long. I am just glad Kordell got the
V neck message so he didn’t feel left out!
V neck message so he didn’t feel left out!
After our 24 hour kid free craziness, we were ready for some Landon lovin! We just LOVE this age, he is so fun and silly. While we were getting ready the other day we hear “dong….dong….dong…”
And so it begins. Endless hours minutes of entertainment. Who needs a babysitter when you have a door stop? I think I may install one under my desk at work and just bring Landon with me every day. No one will ever know! Now that he is crawling around he is getting into everything; even things you would never guess to be amusing. For example, the rubber tie that wraps around our computer battery. The other day, he had managed to get it around his leg. He likes the house arrest look. After I took this picture, I noticed he is also getting into the drawer on our coffee table. Little stinker.
When I first saw this video, I thought to myself, really, this it is?! But.. then I watched it again and again and again. Of the 2.5 million hits on you tube, I am probably 2 million of those; my husband being the other .5. Carrie Underwood is the only person in the world who can do nothing but walk for 4 minutes straight in a music video and it be amazing.


No comments:
Post a Comment