What a pain the neck. Literately! It is so annoying how a simple pain consumes your entire life. It’s probably because I am not able to turn my head so every two seconds when I need to, I am reminded that it hurts. I have no idea what happened but last Monday afternoon it hit. I went to the chiropractor Wednesday and Friday and found out I have several pinched nerves in my neck and upper back. I am not one to take pain medicine, I do only if I cannot possibly take the pain a second longer. In fact, I think 7 months ago (when Landon was born) was the last time I had taken any Tylenol. Let me tell ya, I have taken something everyday this past week. Somehow I managed to even hold a pen and type while two of my fingers were numb from my pinched nerves. Sunday I actually woke up and felt good, I could move it, no pain, no pills. That was until Sunday afternoon, I was holding Landon and it hit again.
So here I am, back to work, back to pain, back to pills.
So here I am, back to work, back to pain, back to pills.
Kordell spent all last weekend and even took a few days off work to install his brothers hardwood floor in their new house. Yep, we have new neighbors! Well, kind of. His brother and their family moved all the way from Pennsylvania to Middlebury! We are so excited to have them so close. I didn’t have cousins that close growing up so I am so excited for Landon to have almost all of his cousins within 20 minutes now. Now we just have one more we have to work on getting here! Until then, we will just have to go on
vacations to visit her, oh darn!
vacations to visit her, oh darn!
Guess what Monday was? The first day of Northridge Soccer Practice… and guess where Kordell was? On a walk with me and Landon J After 8 years, Kordell hung up the ‘ol coaching whistle and I would be lying if said I was sad. Don’t get me wrong, it was nice for a while to have some nights to myself, but every Saturday from July until October was always busy with soccer so I could never make plans. We were never able to go away for our anniversary because of soccer, so this year, we are going away and I am so excited (but that’s a different story for a different blog!) It wasn’t a big deal him being gone every night at practices or games when it was just me, although, I may have started missing him just a little towards the end of the season. (don’t tell him I said that) Now that Landon is here though, that’s a lot of time away from the little guy. Besides practice every night, there were usually two games during the week and a team dinner so he wouldn’t even be able to see his son on those days, so sad. We both are SO happy to have him home with us! He has been teaching Landon how to play soccer so one day he can coach again when Landon is on the team! We are going to go as a family next week to cheer on the boys at
their first soccer game, from the stands!
their first soccer game, from the stands!
With Kordell being home so often now, he has been spending a lot of time down in Schrock’s Dance Studio, I mean the basement. He has slowly been working on finishing the basement pretty much since we bought the house (4 years ago) but we haven’t really been in a rush to finish it. We are now. Well, I should say I am. I did have an April deadline for the basement to be finished but as you can see, it is now August and it is not. I figured by April he would be playing with more toys so he will need a toy room to put his stuff in, I was right. Toys are quickly taking over our living room. Toys seem to get bigger and louder as they grow! My new deadline for the basement is December. Someone will be turning the big O-N-E and will need to have an indoor birthday party so, December it is! This weekend we got the toilet, vanity and counter top.. I think it’s close to being done. But, I have said that for weeks. I am not sure how many times I have told Kordell “I’ll go ahead and have the carpet people come this week” and I get the same response “Ok, if they want to come help me with other stuff that would be great.” Someday soon… I just know it!
Even though I loved watching Landon swim and play in the fountain at my parents friends lake place, my favorite thing that happened this week happened Sunday. It doesn’t seem like much, but it still makes me smile just thinking about it. One of my friends reached out to hold Landon and he turned away from her and put his arms around me! (Sorry Kristin!) I LOVED IT! He has never cared before who held him or if Kordell or I left the room, but not anymore. For the first time he actually wanted me!
What an amazing feeling!
Last week when I was reading my blog to Kordell I said “do you like it?” He said no because I didn’t talk about him enough. Well, I am pretty sure this one makes up for that. And with that being said,
I will dedicate this song to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment