For the first time ever, I was excited to go to a soccer game! Why you may ask? Because I got to go with Kordell and not just watch him play or coach from the stands. We went and watched the Northridge Boys soccer game Tuesday evening, which they lost. (probably because Kordell is not the coach anymore). While Kordell went over to say hi to the team, Landon and I went to go find a seat. We found an empty section and sat there. Apparently no one goes to JV games so by the time the Varsity game started, we were surrounded by feather extensions and braces. Yep, I sat in the student section. Oh well, my little chick magnet liked flirting with the high school girls. (again, we are talking about Landon here, not Kordell) All in all it was a pretty good time, except for the 45 min I left to get Subway. Note to the Subway people; next time Northridge has a soccer game, you should probably schedule more than two workers!
Since we had the soccer game Tuesday night, we had to change our dance class at Schrock Studio’s to Thursday evening which meant it was only me and Emily that were able to dance. So I figured, why not make it a date! So the soon to be Mr. & Mrs. Wingard joined us for dinner after Emily and I danced. Yep, that’s right. We had our own little dance party, just the two of us. You may think that would be pretty awkward, but it wasn’t. Well, until she wanted to show me a new dance and instead of me trying to do it along with her, I creepishly watched her dance.
That my friend, was awkward.
That my friend, was awkward.
Just a few days ago I posted the top 10 things we are loving about Landon at 7 months and already he has started doing two more things that I have to add. I also recall saying "I don't think he will have a problem eating any food." He does. I am not sure if his face was worse or mine but Turkey broth baby food is NASTY! I don't blame him for not eating it. It is just is so amazing to me how quickly he changes and learns so many new things. I remember in that blog that I said he would be crawling any day now.. Well, he is!
He just kind of started scooting along on Monday and by Tuesday, he was making his way across the room to get what he wanted. Each day he is traveling farther and getting much faster! It is so funny to see where he makes his way to and the things he is starting to get into. I have a feeling one day we will leave the room and come back and all of his books on the book shelf will be scattered all over the living room floor. The other day, he put two and two together and figured out he can dump over his toy baskets. That is his new favorite thing to do, and then of course get all of the toys out!
This is how I found him the other day…
This is how I found him the other day…
The other new thing he has picked up within the past day or two is fake coughing. I know exactly why he does it, to get a reaction. You know what, he gets one every time! I always act so dramatic and hold him and love him and treat him like he is “So Sick!” and he loves every minute of it. It cracks me up. Sometimes I cough back and we just go round and round. The other morning I heard him doing it in bed on the monitor, he just wanted me to come in there and get him up, little does he know, I am smart. He’s not really sick, just really darn cute!
Ohhh Saturday. This little lady has made my blog not once, but twice this week! Miss Emily Boston had her work bridal shower at a co-workers house on Long Lake Saturday. We were supposed to have a booze cruise but since the weather did not co-operate, we just stayed inside. No one seemed to mind. After the shower we met up with more co-workers at a local establishment; I think the locals were mad we took over. I always find it funny to hang out with work people outside of work. Not at a Christmas party but an actual non-work event where you can really be yourself. People always seem to be amazed by me outside of work; I must pretend pretty well during the week! A sure sign of a great time: Bean Burrito and Cinnamon twists from Taco Bell on the way home!
Sunday Kordell had a baseball game in Ft Wayne so Landon and I did the normal Sunday stuff: clean, laundry, grocery shop, etc. We got to Meijer and my little shopping buddy was in a great mood so I decided, nope, I don’t need to take in a pacifier, toy, or a snack. Bad idea. After about 20 minutes he starts fussing and crying and I panicked. This was my first public “breakdown.” So what do I do? Run to the baby section, grab a container of puffs, rip it open and ahhhh.. Instant relief! These tied him over for a while until we got behind coupon natzi at the checkout. Here’s a little hint. If the person in front of you has a trapper-keeper (or whatever the kids call them these days) in their hands, turn around and find a new lane! My new thing I like to do is play in the toy aisle when I go grocery shopping with Landon. If he smiles at a toy, I buy it. Major problem. Another problem I have? I am a sucker for those bright orange SALE tags on all of the toys. It may not even be on sale, but the second they stick an orange sticker on it, it’s in the cart. I find it funny to show Landon the toys he has at home in the toy aisle, he gets so excited like “Hey, that’s my toy!!” He had fun playing with his new toys once we got home; that was until he broke one of the keys on a toy… guess that’s why they put that orange sticker on it in the first place. Junk.
As Landon and I were laying outside on our blanket Sunday afternoon eating grass listening to Adele radio, this song came on. Usually when people attempt to sing their own version of someone else’s song, it's a flop. Not in this case; love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment