Thursday, August 18, 2011

Top 10 Things We are Loving About Landon At 7 Months...

I decided to forgo a weekend re-cap this week.  Not because I don’t have anything to say, because trust me, I always have something to say.  It’s not because I had a bad week or good week for that matter, but because this week, I just could not get enough of my baby!!  No, not Kordell, Landon.  I even cancelled some weekend plans so we could stay home with him and boy am I glad we did!  So, since I was completely obsessed with Landon this week (in the healthiest way possible, of course) well, I guess I shouldn’t say this week because I am pretty much obsessed with him every week, I will dedicate this blog to him
Brace yourself.. it’s a long one!

Top Ten Things We’re Lovin’ About Landon At 7 Months..

10.  His Teeth!  All 2 of them.  The other day as I was feeding him and making him laugh, I thought I saw some white on his gums like some teeth might be coming in.   Once we looked closer, two were already in!!  I love every time he smiles (or screams) seeing those bottom two front teeth.  He is such a tough little cookie, no fussing at all.  We didn’t even know.  Hopefully the rest come in that easy!  Sorry, no picture for this one.  Have you ever tried to take a picture of a 7 month olds teeth?  Impossible.

9.  The way he rolls his way to wherever he wants to go, obstacles and all.  It is so cute watching him roll and roll and roll.  He is getting really creative with it too.  He will see an object and roll towards it and then turn his body to roll a different direction to get to it.  He is even starting to push backwards to move, won’t be long before he starts crawling!  We put up a baby gate a few weeks ago that if he really wanted, he could actually fit under.  (safe, I know) We didn’t think it would be that big of an issue because he tends to just stay in the living room, but the other day when I was playing with him, this is where he got to
 sneaky little man!

            
8. The way he puts his face right up to yours and stares.. Creepy? YesAdorable? Yes!  It is the weirdest thing he does but we find it adorable.  He usually does it before bed as he is calming down while we hold him; he puts his face right up to yours and just stares at you.  We aren’t talking for a second or two, try about 4 or 5 minutes.  Sometimes he even goes as far as to touch your face with his face and stare at you in the eyes.  We try really hard not to laugh but seriously, how can you not?  

7.  His talking.  He doesn’t do it a lot but when he does, he just talks and talks and talks.  He must get that from his Daddy.  (yes, that is sarcasm)  Just in the past few days, a few people have made a comment, “does he even make noise??”  Not much but when he does, he doesn’t stop.  Even better, when he gets excited, he kicks his legs and screams Loud!
6.       The way he eats anything, everything and is so dramatic about it all!!  Now that he has been eating “real” food, he is so funny to watch.  Every single thing he has eaten, he loves; even grass.  Is this a problem!?  Our favorite thing is watching his face as he eats food.  Each time he puts something in his mouth he make a face as if it is the most disgusting thing he has ever eaten, yet, he eats it.  What is even funnier to watch is his him feeding himself.  He is starting to get a lot better but sometimes he will have a puff in his hand and misses putting it in his mouth but yet he thinks it is in there and “chews it.”  One time he even made a noise as if the puff he was “eating” was so delicious.  Hilarious!

5.  Him and his BFF.. Jackson.  Yep, as much as I LOVE my dog, so does Landon, really!  It is really cute watching those two together.  Jackson has come to the rescue many times, especially when I am getting ready in the morning and Landon wakes up.. I just set them next to each other and they can entertain each other for hours… or at least 10 minutes.  (They both have short attention spans)  The best part is, Jackson does not care that Landon beats on him and pulls his hair.  Landon cannot take his eyes off of Jackson, in fact, on our walks; he stares at him walking the whole time.  I am starting to get jealous of their relationship.  When I get home from work he is starting to get more excited to see Jackson jumping around going crazy than actually seeing me L

4.  He loves feeling things… He is so into textures right now and feeling all sorts of things.  My favorite is when we are driving in the car and he scratches his car seat.  He doesn’t just scratch and stop, he will constantly scratch for a good two minutes.  He does this on everythingScratch, scratch, scratch.  I am not sure if it is the noise he likes, or the actual object he is scratching.  He really loves scratching the green circle I mistakenly placed on his wall right where his head lays on the changing table.  Oops.  That sure does make it tricky to change him when he’s flipping over to scratch it! 

3.  The way he plays peek-a-boo and thinks it’s a game 24/7.  He is constantly on watch for someone to pop out behind the couch, the door, etc and say “Peek-a-Boo!”  You actually don’t even have to move for him to laugh at this game.  Sometimes I just turn my head and look back at him and say peek-a-boo and he finds it hilarious.  The other night when I was holding him he kept peeking over the couch as if someone was back there playing peek-a-boo with him; I was home alone.  That’s always comforting.  One of our favorite things he does which is absolutely hysterical is a version of peek-a-boo and a version some other sort of dramatic game.  He will be laying on the floor and grab any blanket, cloth, etc and cover his face with it and starts fake crying and starts frantically kicking his arms and legs as if he is trapped and can’t get out.  Then, you move the blanket and he starts laughingWe fell for it once.

2. Zerbert attacks!  If you don’t know what a zerbert is, google it. (Kordell was unaware)   I always give Landon zerberts, he loves them everywhere but especially on the mole/birth mark he has on his belly.  We call it his zerbert mark; we get a giggle every time!  Not only is he into receiving zerbets, he likes to give them as well.  Sometimes we have zerbert wars.  If you hold him he’ll give you a zerbert, you give him one back, he gives you one, you give him one, you get the point.  The other day he gave my mom one and freaked her out.. we are going to have to teach him not to zerbert strangers!

Even though these are all our favorites, for the sake of the countdown.. the number one thing we love about Landon right now...
  
1. His Giggle!! He is so easily amused.  He could be eating food and be so fussy but the minute that spoon turns into an air plane, watch out!  He is a giggle man.  He has started this new thing where he scrunches up his nose and breaths really hard, I think it is his way of laughing really hard.  The other day, all I was saying was “ha ha” and he thought I was the funniest person in the world.  (I know, I am) He giggled for a good 5 minutes every time I said it.  Daddy tried saying it later and Landon look at him like, “Really Dad?! Mom is so much funnier..."

No comments:

Post a Comment