Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap #14

What a stressful weekend!  Hence the reason this puppy is a little delayed.  Weekends like this make me step back, look at everyone in my life and say THANK YOU.  It also makes me realize that I now have a child and things aren’t as easy as they used to be.  I would have thought that since it was a longer weekend that my blog would be longer, but in fact, it’s shorter.  Probably because I was completely stressed and don’t want to get stressed again talking about it. 
Lucky for you!

Every Labor Day weekend Kordell plays in a softball tournament (lucky me) that takes up the whole weekend.  The worst part of it all is (well the runner-up worst part) that it is one of those “if we win, then we play at this time” or “if we loose then we play at this time.”  Annoying.  You can never plan anything or know what the day or weekend has in store for you.  The real worst part of it all, it’s in Kokomo!  So Landon and I packed up shop and went down to Kokomo with Kordell Saturday for his games.  Bad idea!  I could write about this experience for days (you should see the length of the e-mail I wrote to our hotel to complain!) but since I don’t want to relive it, I am not going to.  Let’s just summarize it by saying, checking into a hotel at 3 and having to check out by 11 does not work when your child naps.  Also, it does not work being in a nasty hotel when your child crawls.  I ended up having him play in his pack n play since his clothes were turning black from the nasty room.  Finally, it does not work sleeping in a hotel with a child when he knows that you are sitting behind the bags you strategically placed trying to hide from him.  With all this being said, Landon and I once again packed up shop and went and stayed at my parents the next night while Kordell stayed in Kokomo.   I guess the “good part” of the weekend is that I got my disgusting hotel room credited!  Until next year..

Since Kordell was playing softball, Landon and I spent the night down at my parents since I am a big baby and don’t like to be home alone.  Especially with Landon!  Friday night Kordell joined us down there for a little birthday party for my mom.  Landon told me he wanted to get grandma a birthday cake so I picked one up to take down there.  My BFF Jackson decided that he would jump on the box the cake was in on the car ride down to my parents house.  Let’s just say “ear muffs” were in order.  Regardless the dented cake, it was delish!  Landon was taking notes on how to eat cake; he only has 4 months to learn how it’s done! 
Time’s a tickin’. 
 

On Sunday Landon was super fussy and couldn’t get him to calm down with anything.  Well, almost anything.  Grandpa saved the day and got his harmonica out.  I have never seen a child go from fussy to pure relaxed in a minute.  He honestly sat in the rocking chair with my mom for at least 30 minutes without moving or making a peep - just watching Grandpa play.  Grandpa was trying to teach himself how to play the Notre Dame Fight song but claims his harmonica is missing a note so he can’t get it right.  I am pretty sure his ears are missing a few notes too!  Landon didn’t seem to mind the fight song in a few octaves off; in fact, after a while I looked over and said “is he even awake?”  Nope, he fell asleep sitting up listening to Grandpa play the harmonica.  I picked him up to take to bed and he was a limp noodle.  I think Grandpa has a new calling!!  I think we will start calling him the “Baby Whisperer 


This one precious little moment made my entire weekend, honestly it may be my favorite thing Landon has done so far!  Some of you may have read on facebook but let me just tell you again because I DO want to relive this one!  When we got down to Kokomo this weekend, we decided to stop into Subway for some lunch.  Landon was sitting in his high chair and we enjoying our delicious lunch which by the way, we got a free cinnamon roll because we had a to wait a long time for our sandwich and OH MAN was it good.  I highly recommend spending the $1.69 for one of these bad boys.  Ok, back to my story – All of a sudden as we were eating, Landon looked up at the ceiling fan, waved and said “hi!”  Actually it was more of a yell because the lady sitting across the restaurant looked over and laughed.  It was probably the cutest thing in the world, no, it was.  I said, “um, did he just say his first word?!”  I told Kordell probably 4 months ago that his first word is going to be “hi” because I say it to him probably 75 times a day.  Hi Buddy, Hi Landon, Hi Pumpkin, Hi Baby, Hi Little Man…” you get the point.  He kept waving at the fan the rest of lunch but of course as soon as someone got ice out of the pop machine - that stole the show.  Later that day as we were saying bye to grandma, he waved at her too!  Ever since this Subway adventure, he loves waving at the fan, probably because we made such a big deal.  And you know what, every time he does it, we still make a big deal!  Good thing there isn’t a ceiling fan in his room or he would never sleep!

Well, that’s it for today, short and sweet.  Now for your listening pleasure… As Landon and I were driving home this weekend from my parents, I decided to turn off Ke$ha and get a new Pandora radio station just for my little man; thank goodness it was only a half hour drive! 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT ERIN!!! It is so true when people say kids change things...Kesha to Disney channel so stinking funny!!

    ReplyDelete