I started this week off in a bad mood. No reason, just grumpy and tired. I checked my e-mail and suddenly got a little smile on my face. “Just a reminder your birthday is coming up…” Yes Red Robin, it sure is! Only 49 more days. Thank you for the reminder! J
Another super exciting thing that has happened this week is Landon saying “Dada.” Don’t worry, Mama is just around the corner, I just know it! I think he may be confused and likes to call me “Baba.” Yea, that’s it; he thinks I am “Baba.” That's why it says it all the time. I knew he would pick me first! All the gibber jabber from this little man is the least of our worries right now, just when you thought you had everything baby-proofed for crawling,
this starts happening:
It’s a whole new ball game now! Things you would have never thought to be enticing are now the most amazing thing in the world; at least in Landon’s world. No more leaving him unattended while switching over the laundry! I had to have Kordell watch him 5 minutes while I finished baking (the most delicious peanut butter M&M cookie bars EVER) because he was getting into the dogs bowl, the dishwasher, the drawers, etc.
While Kordell was watching him, this is where he wound up.
While Kordell was watching him, this is where he wound up.
As you can see, the chair leg is lifting off the ground because about 2 seconds after this picture, the chair flipped and landed on the ground and some how missed Landon.
Ohh this getting into everything is getting fun!!
Even though his appointment was this Monday, I will throw it in this blog because, I don’t have much else to say. Shocker. Our little man had his 9 month check up!! He was perfect, as usual. He had to experience yet another painful event at this visit which surprisingly, he wasn’t as loud and angry as usual. He didn’t even make a peep when she pricked his big toe. He may have started fussing when she was squeezing the blood out of his toe, but I probably would have too. She was squeezing pretty darn hard. Looking in his mouth is a tough task but the way I was holding him on my lap gave me a good glimpse inside. Guess what I saw? I saw swollen gums, bruised gums and two little holes. Yep, two more teeth are coming through. Man did that look painful L He weighed 18 pounds 1 ounce and was 27 inches long. He may be in the 20th percentile for both height and weight, but he’s in the 100th percentile for our hearts. Cheesy, I know.
To date, this may be my shortest blog yet. Why is that? Well, blame it on the rain. We were going to go to the pumpkin patch Saturday afternoon with my sister and her family for a little fall fun but no, it rained. We were going to go to an outdoor Spiderman party and bounce our heads off in the bounce house, but no, it rained. We were going to walk to Flavor Freeze for some ice cream since our days are getting limited, but no, it rained. So, since all of the excitement for this week was a wash… I’ll leave you with this:

No comments:
Post a Comment