Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weekend Re-cap #15

Labor Day was our babysitters’ birthday so this past week we had her over for dinner.  Kordell always loves when we have guests over for dinner during the week because it means no grilled cheese or egg sandwiches; he gets an actual meal!  I am not sure why but I always try new recipes when I have company come over.  Probably not the smartest idea but luckily it hasn’t backfired.  Yet.  I actually impressed myself with what I whipped up this time.   I knew our sitter likes cheesecake so I decided to give an Oreo cheesecake a shot.  Holy Cow!  Not to toot my own horn, but: toot toot!  If you like cheesecake and you like Oreos, make this! 
And then invite me overJ     




This weekend consisted of us (Landon) playing with a lot of other kids.  He loved every minute of it!  Friday night we hung out with the Good and Coryn’s; it was boys night!  Even though the toys were about as big as he was, he was right down there on the floor playing trucks and cars with the “big boys.”  

 

Every party has a pooper that’s why they invited….


Just kidding!  He was a wonderful little man at the party; he just happened to have gotten snapped by that darn party hat before the picture.  In fact, he was so good, he didn’t even throw up on anyone at the party; just himself! We went from trucks and cars Friday night to barbies and princesses Saturday night!  My friend had a birthday party for her two girls and the theme was, of course, pink!  Landon didn’t mind all of the pink; that just means more girls for him to flirt with.  Jordan (one of the birthday girls) was insistent on bouncing with Landon, so Kordell got in the huge bounce house and helped them bounce.  Boy did he love it!  If only we could fit one of these bad boys in our basement for his birthday party in December!


It just hit me the other day that we are leaving for a week long vacation to Phoenix in less than a month to celebrate our 5 year anniversary!  In between the all the excitement of the weekend, I found time to plan our vacation.  You may be thinking, oh you plan your flights or hotel?  Nope.  We already have our tickets and we are staying with my sister. I planned what we are doing every day we are there.  I got a piece of paper, wrote down all seven days, divided it in half to indicate morning and afternoon and then made another list of all of the things I want to do while we are there.  I then worked on filling in the blanks based on the time of day, weather, naps, school, etc.  Well back that up.  I read Kordell my list of things I want to do while we are there and asked if he wanted to do anything else while we are there and his response was “I don’t think we will have any time to do anything I want.”  Good point.  So I filled in the blanks with activities for each day that I wanted to do.  (I have a major problem with scheduling things)  Oh well, at least we won’t come back saying “I wish we had done more.” 
Only 22 more days!!    

This puppy was a little short this week, but don’t worry, I will make up for it next week.  Boy do we have an exciting week planned!  Something special must be going on that I am waking up a half hour early 3 times this week!  J 

And now for the song of the week…

Sometimes I like to change the lyrics to songs to be funny; duh!  Well this song came on the other day and just made me laugh.  Way back when, when we first got Jackson, we used a shock collar to train him to stay in the yard.  Not one of those under ground fence things but one that you actually push a button and it shocks him.  We would hide so he couldn’t see us and when he crossed the property line: ZAP!  It didn’t take long to train him.  I think Kordell and his friends got more use out of the collar then the dog did.   This song must have been “cool” around that time because we (yes, Kordell did too) changed the lyrics to this song as if Jackson were the one signing it.  We actually sang it in Jackson’s voice too to be more dramatic.  Yes, Jackson has a voice.  Ask me some day to imitate it, I probably won’t, but it’s worth a shot.  The words in this song really didn’t take a whole lot of changing.  I am convinced Kelly may have actually been singing about getting shocked.  Close your eyes; imagine a black 10 pound little miniature schnauzer puppy with a big ol’ collar around his neck….

“Because of you I never stray to far from the back yard, because of you I learned to play on the safe side so I don’t get shocked… because of you I am .. afraid.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment