Friday, April 4, 2014

And then there were four...

400 
That is exactly how many days it has been since my last post.  Sorry.  Sorry to Landon that is.  I am not good at the whole baby book thing so I started this blog to capture the moments I wanted to make sure we remember because if Landon has a memory like his mother, he won't remember!  So here's to another attempt at this whole blog thing. 
 
I won't try and catch up on the past year.. Landon turned 3, we got pregnant and March 30th 2014, we welcomed our second son,
Cameron, into the world. 
 
Ok, I know what you are saying; who does their hair and put on make up before they have a baby?!  Trust me, it was strange.  I went to my weekly appointment Tuesday and the doctor said if I don't have the baby by Sunday at noon to come to the hospital and they will induce me.  It is probably one of the weirdest feelings eating breakfast in the morning, knowing you will be having a child later that day.  Or, saying goodbye to your son before you leave for the hospital to go give birth to his brother. 
Talk about emotional... there went my mascara! 
 
I didn't complain [publicly] much during my pregnancy.  Once we got pregnant, I really was one of the lucky ones.  I have never thrown up with either pregnancy, no real food issues, no cravings, no major health issues during pregnancy, etc.  It was pretty easy for me.   These past few weeks though have been really tough on me physically and emotionally.  If you haven't been pregnant before, its a lot of work!  Towards the end, you can't tie your shoes, you run out of breath just talking, you walk like an elephant, you hurt just about everywhere on your body, your ankles swell, your tired, your hungry but your stomach is so big you can't eat, you can't sit up on your own, getting in and out of bed is near impossible, shall I continue?  So with all of those amazing side effects, comes the emotional part.  If I had to hear "that baby hasn't come yet?"  "When are you going to have that baby?"  "Wow you have really gotten bigger."  "I am surprised you haven't had that baby yet..." I GET IT.  Note to self.  A pregnant woman does not want to hear this.  Yes, a pregnant woman will get bigger, its a proven fact.  If it looks like she is still pregnant, she is.  The baby will come someday, I promise.   Don't ask. 
Ok, my rant is over.
  
They say every pregnancy is different and boy are "they" right!  I went in for my induction at noon and 5 hours later, they finally put the IV in my arm.  (that's another story in itself..)  They broke my water at 6:21pm and at 8:30pm, Cameron was born. He was 8 pounds 2 ounces and 19.5 inches long and made it just in time for Landon to come up to meet him and sing him happy birthday! 
 
We have been talking about Landon's "Baby Brother" for 9 months now but I don't think he quite understood that the baby was going to eventually be out of my belly.  (thank goodness!!)  I was scared how he was going to react when he saw his brother for the first time, but he was SO excited.  I will never forget the smile on Landon's face when he came in the room and how timid he was to touch him.  It didn't take long for him to ask to hold his "baby brother."  Seeing Landon hold Cameron for the first time was something I'll always cherish.  He is so proud to be a big brother. 
 
I was told at week 37, based on how far along I was already progressing, that I would have a baby that week.  No baby.  I was told at 38 weeks the same thing, no baby.  Talk about a long wait!  I had weekly ultrasounds the last month of my pregnancy and was told some concerning things during one appointment that made us a little worried.  Ok, very worried.  So, we had to just sit with this information in our head for weeks.  When Cameron was born I just had to smile at our perfect, healthy baby boy.  There is something special about that moment they put your baby in your arms, like any care in the world just disappears.  Nothing else matters. 
 
And now there are four....These past few days have been quite the adjustment.  There is now an extra person around, an extra room, an extra car seat; he may be small but he sure makes his mark!  Jackson seems to be scared of him and Landon, well he has the attention span of a 3 year old.  About the time it takes you to set up pillows for him to hold Cameron, he is already over it.  I am sure we still have a lot to learn adjusting to a family of 4 but I know we can do it.  All of the fears, doubts, tears and heartaches along the way were worth it in the end.  5 years ago I would have never thought I would be able to have two beautiful healthy boys.  I thank God everyday for the family he has blessed me with and look forward to the memories ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment