Guess what, I have been on Pinterest again! I mean, no, all of those party ideas below were all my idea!! Here I go being crafty again; actually this time it was Landon being crafty. He didn't seem to mind. Well, I take that back. Of course he wouldn't get his hands dirty... but after I smashed them in the paint, he went to town. Not on this picture though, I got him another canvas he could express his artistic ability on. I needed one semi-professional
Christmas tree painting to hang up!
Landon's new BFF is Santa. Shoot. I should have invited the guy to his birthday party. Maybe next year. You would think he would be scared of him, but no, loves him. I think he must have a cozy lap or something. If you ask him what Santa says, he says "Ho Ho!" Can't quite get that third Ho out of him, but at least he gets the picture. Landon went with his cousin Cole to a brunch with Santa a few weeks ago and had a blast. While he wasn't stalking Santa, he made Christmas craft. I take that back, he made about 6. Every time I looked over, he had grabbed something else and colored on it. Oh well. He also made his own sugar cookie. He was more interested in the candies on the cookie than the actual cookie. I think he was just taking advantage of eating candy before 10:00 am. Isn't that what the holidays are all about?!
Thanks Goods for inviting us along!
We had a lot of fun with the Schrock's and Megan's this year over Christmas. We also enjoyed having Christmas morning with our family to start our own family traditions! Here are a few highlights from our Christmas this year:
If you or anyone you know is planning on having a child, ever, and have the ability to plan it; do not have a child at the end of December. Period. It's 5 days after Christmas and 1 day after my son's 2nd birthday party. Oh, and one day until my son's actual birthday and I am.... done! In fact, it is now 3:30 in the afternoon and I am still in my pjs. Actually, I have no intentions of changing out of them today. I am not sure I have ever been so exhausted in my life. No amount of sleep will remove these dark circles under my eyes. I thought last year was tough since it was his first birthday party and wanted to make sure everything was perfect, but it turns out, this year was even more tough. I put so much time and effort into his parties that if one thing goes wrong, it throws everything off. At this rate, I will loose all of my hair, and sanity by age 4. I am so grateful for my family (and husband!) who helps me through these difficult times; I wouldn't have been able to pull it together and pull it off with out them! This face made everything worth it when the birthday boy came downstairs to his party...
I think the hardest thing is that his birthday and Christmas are only 1 week apart so when your friends/family ask what he wants, you need to plan out what he may want 8 month from now, too. Sure, we buy him things throughout the year, but this is his one stop shop for gifts. And that it is, the amount of toys around our house is out of control. We have the most generous friends and family! Thank you for everyone who came and made Landon's 2nd Birthday party so much fun for him!!
Don't get me wrong, I am making it sound like the holidays/birthday was not enjoyable; they were. But, I am glad they are over. I am glad my tree is down, I am glad the wrapping paper is put away and mostly, I am glad to have a few more days to spend with the most important people
in my life before we return to the real world.
It's only appropriate...
No comments:
Post a Comment