It's my birthday and I'll blog if I want to... Since my husband won't let me do anything else around the house since it's my birthday, (good thing I did laundry yesterday!) I might as well update you all on what the Schrockstars have been up to the past 4 months. Yes, it has been 4 months. This little trouble maker may have everything something to do with that.
Have I told you how much I love my birthday? Well, I love my birthday. I love all of November. November 18th and all 17 days before and all 12 days after. It is not my fault that I celebrate for so long. It is all those restaurants sending me free meal coupons that last for weeks; blame them. Two days before my birthday I invited some of my girlfriends to join me in a Wine and Canvas night. If you know me at all, you know that I cannot draw, paint, color in the lines or connect the dots. My handwriting looks like a 2nd grader. I was really just looking forward to the whole wine part of the night; and my friends. If you haven't been to one of these events, I highly recommend it. If I can do it, you can do it. Trust me! I brought my painting home and Kordell said
"You did that? That is actually half way decent!"
I'll take that as a complement.
Thank you to all of the wonderful ladies who made
my birthday SO fun :)
We have been very busy this fall but made sure to squeeze in a family vacation to Florida! We went to Ocala to see my grandparents at their retirement resort. Sure, sounds boring, but it's really not. It really is like heaven. Everything is just a golf cart ride away. Pool, golf course, bar. What more could you ask for? Sunshine. Yes. They have that too. So the whole traveling with the child thing was far from a walk in the park like last time, but somehow we survived. One thing Landon did not think he was going to survive was the Butterfly Exhibit at the University of Florida. He was terrified he was going to get
attacked by the butterflies!!
After that traumatising experience, we went back to Landon's happy place. The pool!
Before we headed on vacation, we went to Kerchers to pick out our pumpkins and were lucky enough to have a private hayride out to the orchard. We made sure to get two pumpkins to carve and one for a special Pinterest project. You drill holes in a pumpkin and put suckers in it; you leave it on your porch for the trick or treaters to take one if you will not be home to pass out candy. I do have a great story about this little pumpkin but since it involves me getting in a fight with some children, (yes, they were 5 years old) I will just sum it up for you. I was still home, they took them all, they put them all back.
I won't be seeing them next year.
Speaking of Halloween... This year Landon went as a Lego! He doesn't love lego's yet, but he loves his cousin and they wanted to dress up together. This year we got crafty and we made his costume. Well Kordell did. I take that back, I cut two circles out so that does count as "we made." This is by far the easiest, cheapest and cutest costume ever! He hated it at first, in fact he was screaming as we put it on but once we won the battle, he was ready to get some candy! Sure he wasn't able to walk at first, but that's fine. Kordell went sprinting home to get a knife to cut off the back so he had enough space to move his legs. He couldn't go up steps either since there wasn't enough room to bend his knees. I had to pick him up for each step which made his head go down into the box, but, he knew what he got if he toughed it up; candy! He was a trooper. We decided to stay in our neighborhood to trick or treat which was a good idea. Never in my life would I have thought it would take an hour and a half to walk a quarter of a mile.
This is my third crafty thing I have mentioned in this blog. What is happening to me? One word. Pinterest. As my husband likes to say "I am going to pin that on Pinterest and then re-pin it." Obviously he has no idea what he is talking about. Why would you pin something and then re-pin it? I mean seriously...
Back to that cute kid of mine.. is that too forward?
This age is unbelievable. It amazes me the new things he learns in just one day. He is so smart, so cute, so charming, so funny, so curious, so naughty, so happy, so mischievous, so goofy, so (almost!) two! Seeing his bright happy face never gets old. Neither does this...
Maybe if I stay off Pinterest, then I would have more time to blog. But...If I don't get on Pinterest then I don't have anything to blog about. It's a no win. I guess I could just write a blog about all of the great things Landon is up to now a days.. yes, that sounds like a great idea if you ask me. Now if only I could have someone write it for me, that would make my life much easier... maybe I will have Landon call one of his peeps for the job.
Remember that whole vacation thing? Kordell and I decided to leave Landon with my grandparents and Aunt & Uncle while we went to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival for the day/night. It was hard for us to decide if we should take him to go meet his buddy Mickey or not, but we decided to wait until he was a little older. Plus, he would not have appreciated and enjoyed our free concert we got to attend. No youtube video tonight for your entertainment folks, you get to see LIVE footage from the one and only Boys II Men concert! (with vocals from special guests Kordell & Erin) Alright, it is youtube, only because the blog wouldn't up oad the video because its too large.. but it is still authentic! Sorry for the footage, we may or may not have been at Epcot for 7 hours enjoying all of the tastes of the world. If you make it to the end of the video, I will apologize now and say...
I don't know, read the previous sentence.
This is the reason I don't blog that often, because it takes me forever! Yes, I wrote this blog on Sunday and then had the previlage of rewriting it Monday since it deleted everything. Now, I have been trying since Monday to upload the video I just promised you. Well, I am done trying. Since I wrote the previous section, not once, but twice, I am keeping it. Just close your eyes, imgaine Boys II Men singing "End of the Road" while the camera zooms in and out while bouncing up and down. Then, at the end, the camera man zooms in on my singing and then the video ends with me attacking the camera... it was epic.
So since I can't show you want I "Wanted," I will show you "Wanted"
This is the reason I don't blog that often, because it takes me forever! Yes, I wrote this blog on Sunday and then had the previlage of rewriting it Monday since it deleted everything. Now, I have been trying since Monday to upload the video I just promised you. Well, I am done trying. Since I wrote the previous section, not once, but twice, I am keeping it. Just close your eyes, imgaine Boys II Men singing "End of the Road" while the camera zooms in and out while bouncing up and down. Then, at the end, the camera man zooms in on my singing and then the video ends with me attacking the camera... it was epic.
So since I can't show you want I "Wanted," I will show you "Wanted"
No comments:
Post a Comment