Sunday, July 1, 2012

Remember Us?

Shhhh.. do you hear that??  Silence.  Ok, I lied, the fan is on in my kitchen because I have a cheesecake cooking in the oven, but to me, that is silence.  Landon is sleeping, Kordell is working in my garden and I am......blogging!  I missed you too.  Between work, visitors, crazy summer activities and chasing an 18 month old around, I have had about zero time to sit. 
So here I am... ready to vent!

Well, the neighbor brought our dog home, again.  This is about the 6th time in the past year that I have let him out and forgot about him. I thought to myself, maybe if I take his collar off, people won't know who he belongs to and won't return him but in a neighborhood, that won't work.  I may buy a collar with a fake phone number and fake name so people think he belongs somewhere else.   I might make some family very happy.  Should I have not said that out loud?  Someone asked me a few weeks ago if I would get rid of Jackson if Kordell let me and to tell you the truth, I said probably not.  Landon sure does love that little dog.  It is so cute when he leans his little head out the back door and yells "_______."  I am not quite sure what he yells, but I know it means "Jackson!!"  Lucky for Landon, his mommy and daddy won the newly wed game at an anniversary party and was sent home with big palm leaves.  They are perfect for Landon to torture Jackson with!  *Thanks Kelly!* 

Notice at the end of the video, right after he smacks Jackson, he is off to the couch.  Smarty pants has figured out he isn't quite tall enough to climb on the couch, so he pulls off the cushions so he can climb on the couch....  And the end tables.  This child has no fear!  In fact, he has a motorcycle that rocks like a rocking horse and instead of sitting on it to rock, he likes to stand on it and rock.  We are in trouble.  I am not sure if you folks are friends with me on facebook, but the other day I posted a comment about researching the terrible twos.  I wasn't joking, I did.  The only thing I learned is that he will out grow it in about two years.  That's reassuring.  I may only need to re-soil my plants 5 times between now and then.  Or I suppose I could try and collect all of the dirt that he is throwing down the vents to refill them.  I think the worst part of the "terrible 1 1/2's" is that he knows he is being naughty.  You ask him "Landon, are you being naughty?" and he shakes his head and says "no!"  Or better yet, as he is walking towards doing something naughty, he shakes his head no!
 

Landon is a drama king. He is very dramatic and animated; I have NO idea where he gets this trait.  When he cries, he covers his face with both hands, gets his body into it and acts like his dog just got hit by a truck. When you ask him how you go poo poo - he squats, grunts and moans.  When he gets really mad, he growls. If somehow we sneak pasta or rice into his mouth, he will gag and act as if you just poisoned him. His newest "dramatic" gesture is the gasp. It's cute until you are alone with him at the store and you pass by someone and he points at them and gasps as if he just ran into his long lost best friend.  Awkward.  One time we were at my parents house and my parents had a burnt spot in their lawn (sorry mom) and Landon stopped, pointed at it and fake cried. Yes, Landon, daddy would never allow that in our yard. What is this fake crying we speak of? Watch and learn...This is what happens when Landon see's mushrooms (yes, mushrooms) in the yard....


I wish I could post videos about everything we love about Landon right now but I don't think this blog can hold that much footage, because trust me, I've got it all recorded!  We love the way he bats his eyes when you ask him where his eyes are.  The way he has to pat our belly if we don't have a shirt on (not posting that!).  The way he loves to carry containers to recycle.  The way he still claps his hands for the sign "more."  The way he dances from foot to foot as he see's us pulling up to the house.  The way he grabs our hands to pray before we eat. We love how he can spend hours in his bed quiet, just sitting, staring at the wall.  The way he starts going backwards on his belly down the stairs about 10 feet too early.  The way he says "uh oh" and "bye bye."  One of my favorites is "hewooo?" as he picks up the phone.  The way he walks on his tip toes.  The way he dances on command.  His "mean face."  The way he runs to the phone when it rings.  We love how he always has to give one last bump before he goes to bed, even if it's to a picture on the wall.  The way he calls any man over the age of 40 "Pa pa."  The way he flashes cars as they drive by our house.  The way he yells "MAMMA" or "DADDA" if we get further than 5 feet from him.  The way he holds a book up to his nose to smell the flowers.  The best of all?  The way he says "ya you" when you tell him you love him.  Ok, I'm done - for now.  The good news is, Landon's vocab is expanding past "Ball" and "Burr."  Don't get me wrong, we still hear those about 72 times a day but that is much better than the 630 times a day we heard it!  He loves reading those picture books!  Every night he grabs one, backs his little butt up to you so you hold him on your lap.  He likes to show off all of his words he knows.  In fact he likes to act like it is a race on each page to name an object you know.  If he can't find one fast enough.. he points and says "buurrr.!"  And, yes, he still thinks ducks growl.  I was tying to upload a video of him showing of all the words he knows but its too big:(  
So, I guess you will just have to see the picture I took of Kordell reading to Landon instead.

We have really been enjoying the summer thus far.  Kordell is done coaching soccer so that means more family time!  This weekend has been the first weekend we have cooped ourselves up in the house, ditched out on the offers to hang out and just have some Schrockstar fun! Landon decided to get Kordell an ice cream maker for fathers day so that has been fun making all different flavors.  Sure, it may have been more for me, but, that is what you get when you get married:)  It has been a hectic past few months.  We have been to the Zoo for Mothers Day, his cousins t-ball game, visiting with my friend from Cali, swimming lessons, softball games, swimming at the lake, playground for Fathers Day, family pictures, visiting with my sisters family from Phoenix, and meeting our brand new niece/cousin, Kaitlyn!  This is the first time Landon has seen a baby up close and personal.  He was not quite sure what to do with her.  He often would pet her as if she were a dog.  It worked.  My favorite is that Landon knows a baby says "whaa whaa" but has never really heard one before.  The first time Kaitlyn cried he looked at us like "OMG - They DO make that noise!"  Somehow through all the chaos of Kaitlyn's baptism weekend, we managed to get a great group shot of the whole Megan clan!
 

It may have been 2 months since my last post,
but three things remain...

 Landon's love for (any kind of) "Ball!"
His love of Swimming....
And most importantly... his LOVE of DaNcing! 
So these past few months have been a little trying and tiring, but I would not trade my sneaky, ornery, non-stop, mischievous, naughty little trouble maker for anything!  It is crazy how one little boy can bring so much joy to someone's life. 
That other guy seems to do a good job of it too:) 

As much as I would love to put "Call me maybe" for my song since Kordell and Landon LOVE dancing to it, I am not.  I am going to put up one of my favorite songs right now. 
The only difference here is I am still on cloud 9 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment