Burrr, ball, dada.. Yep - that's still all we hear. Honestly, I wish you knew the extent of it. People think I am being dramatic, but I am not. This past weekend was the first time I have taken him grocery shopping with me since he has starting "talking." If I had a dollar for every time he pointed at something and said burr or ball, I would have had my groceries paid for. And make that $1 more for the strange man he called dada. Just within the past few days, he has really started to expand his vocab. He is starting to say two syllable words. Boom boom, papa, mama, bubble and my favorite is bye bye. He actually slightly sings that one. He is getting really good at his animal sounds too, woof , moo, fish noise, etc. Ask him what a duck says, he growls. Not sure where he got that one but its too cute to fix! 15 months is such a fun age! He is running everywhere, trying anything and everything and and he LOVES being outside. Put all of that together, you get cuts, bruises and scraps Poor boy.. this is going to be one long summer!
Landon really loves allergy season, mommy and daddy sneeze a lot, so that means Landon sneezes a lot, too. He is such a faker. We were at Lowes the other day and he fake sneezed and someone came up to us and asked us how old he was and we said 15 months and she said "WOW, I am really impressed with his fake sneezing!" We couldn't be more proud. He is starting to get to such an ornery stage.. he does the silliest things and sometimes it is so hard not to laugh! For instance the other night he kept throwing his milk on the floor and I said no, it goes right here when you are done (pointing to the little cup holder on his high chair) not two seconds later, he throws it on the ground again, shakes his head and points to the cup holder. How can you not laugh at that?! And this!!?
Landon loves the sweeper right now too - in fact, the other day I put it away, he cried. Too bad its too big for him to use! Another thing Landon loves is the bath. Anytime there is water running "bath!?" No.. that is the washing machine (no joke) . He likes to be a little creeper when one of us in the shower. I guess it's better than him hating it! He is still really into music, it's just in his blood, what can I say. Going on walks is still on the top of his list. He loves his wagon but we cannot keep anything in it while walking unless the neighbors are out to bring us all of the things he has thrown out along the way. Basketball... oh basketball. The Easter Bunny really out did herself this year and got him a $1.97 suction basketball hoop for in the kitchen. I probably shouldn't have basketball in every room, maybe that is why he is so obsessed!? Well, Kordell broke the high dollar hoop as he was opening it, and then within a day, the net was off, but if Landon can make a basket still, it doesn't matter. Just check out the condition of this hoop..
some say nothin' but net.. we say nothin' but rim.
some say nothin' but net.. we say nothin' but rim.
Easter was so much more fun this year than last year! He loved the Easter egg hunts. We had one at Grandma and Grandpa Schrocks inside since it was crummy out the day we did that one. That didn't stop him. The problem is that he was pretty satisfied with 2 eggs. He just kept taking them out of his basket and putting them back in. Well mommy and daddy wasn't going to let that slide, there was chocolate in those eggs... we made him keep looking. Of course he spotted a basketball during the hunt so he was more excited about that then the eggs. By the time the second egg hunt came around at my house with my family, he had the hang of it. He kept walking around saying "ball" .. of course! In fact we were playing outside a few days later and he kept looking for them. Looks like the Easter Bunny may need to make another visit.
And he thought he only worked one day a year...
My sister has been very involved with the March of Dimes ever since she lost her twins a few years ago. I wanted to do something this year to help bring in a little more money. I figured, why not dance! So, with the help of a few friends and family members, I threw her a SURPRISE Zumba/Hip-hop dance benefit! I started the event thinking I would only have a few people show up and maybe raise 100 bucks, boy was I wrong. I was blown away by all of the generous people and companies in the area that gave so generously for the drawing items. My sister was so shocked when she showed up at the Old Bag Factory that night. She was so grateful for everyone who came and donated to the her team; and so was I! Sure, there were a few minor hiccups along the way, (I am not an event planner, at all), but in the end, the event was a HUGE success. With every one's generous donations, we raised close to $900!!! Keep practicing, Lindsay is already talking about "next year!"
So if you have a child, you already know this - if you don't, it's a warning. Everyone always has something to say about your childs height/weight. Why? I don't know. About 99% of the time, it's annoying to me. "How old is he?" "Wow, he's such a big boy." "Boy, he doesn't go hungry does he?!" The funny thing is, he can still wear 12 month clothes and wears about 9 month shoes. We just had his 15 month check up and he is in the 7% for height and 20% for weight. I've said it before, I'll say it again - he's 100% to us:) Short, tall, skinny, fat - he is one happy, healthy, AdOrAbLe boy!
I may or may not have gotten a new car last week, (you'll never know because my "dad" said I cannot tell people about it) but IF I did get a new car... you can bet I have been playing this jam on repeat!
Yes, I think I am 18.
Yes, I think I am 18.
No comments:
Post a Comment