Burrr.. baw (ball).. dada… That about sums up Landon’s vocabulary right now. Oh wait, his newest one is “boom boom.” No, it’s not just three objects he knows the name of… that is what he calls everything. “Can you say mama?” Dada. “Can you say Grandma?” Dada. “Can you say Landon?” Dada. When we are holding any type of cup/can/glass he points and says “burr.” Hot or cold. Anything coming out of the fridge, freezer, microwave.. “Burr.” Sometimes with the “burr” he will even twist his one little finger around as he says it – hard to explain, adorable to see. And then of course, any type of ball or anything in a circle shape is of course, “baw.” Balloon, “baw” In fact, somehow a balloon from his birthday party, made its way to a shelf in our living room and instead of popping it and throwing it away, we have kept it. (yes, the party was in December) You wouldn’t believe how intrigued Landon is with that “baw.” I wonder what all these words mean. He does say some of them in the appropriate context, but clearly the ceiling fan is not a “baw.” He actually has put his first two words together… any guess as to which ones?
“Dada burr.”
This is one of the cutest things Landon does that we HAVE to document... this child can hear a train miles away.. conveniently we can hear them at our house. You never realize how often they go by until you have Landon here to "Whoo Whoo" for you with
this adorable little face every time.
“Dada burr.”
This is one of the cutest things Landon does that we HAVE to document... this child can hear a train miles away.. conveniently we can hear them at our house. You never realize how often they go by until you have Landon here to "Whoo Whoo" for you with
this adorable little face every time.
Landon is obsessed with basketball. No, seriously. He may be more obsessed with basketball than bananas. Kordell finally moved Landon’s basketball hoop down to the lowest setting so Landon could play. (How nice of Kordell to share the Fisher Price basketball hoop) One night the three of us were playing HORSE and every time we would set Landon down so we could shoot, he would scream and cry. If we are down stairs, he is playing basketball. Even if we are upstairs, he will stand at the gate and say “baw.” Playing basketball keeps him entertained for a long time, he makes baskets with balls of all sizes. He even made a basket the other day with the phone. Lovely. Sometimes he even screams as he makes a basket and then of course after he makes a basket, he has to clap for himself. Even basketball on TV keeps Landon entertained. Sometimes Kordell and I just want to sit and cuddle and watch Mickey Mouse with Landon but nope, he won’t sit still. You turn on the LA Lakers and he is hooked. Age 14 months and he already has an 80% shooting average… Watch out Lebron!!
Kordell loves sports, I love music – Landon loves both. I am not sure how he will balance being a professional athlete and professional singer. Maybe he can tour in the summer and play ball in winter. I like to sing … and I like to pretend I am good at it. (I’m not.. I know) I am probably like those people you see on American Idol that you say to yourself “are they being serious right now.” Yes I am. Not only do I like to sing, I do it a lot. Landon has picked up on my hidden talent. When I start signing, so does he. ADORABLE. It encourages me to sing more.. Kordell loves it. What Kordell loves even more is my dancing! There was no sarcasm in that last statement, at all. Landon has picked up my talent of dance too! Anytime there is anything on that may slightly sound like music, Landon starts dancing. In fact, I have caught him a few times dancing when I didn’t even notice I was signing. The other day Nicki Manaj was performing during a basketball game and you would have thought he had died and gone to heaven. Basketball AND music! He didn’t know if he should dance or say “baw.”
He did both.
He did both.
Since I am so behind, let me catch you up. Landon officially started walking at about 13 months...so that means we have been chasing him around for about a month now. It didn't take long to figure out there is no such thing as "child proofing" your house. Landon had his one year check-up (two months ago) that went perfect and he is still in the 10% for weight (20.4 lbs) and 10% for height (28 1/4 inches). After this past weekend, he may have lost a pound or two though! Yep, it finally happened after 14 months… we had a sick baby:( I will spare you the details but I never thought I would be OK with scrubbing throw up off clothing, furniture, carpet, etc. I guess I should point something out, I am OK with doing it for my child; no one else! By the end of Saturday, we had washed every piece of clothing, every towel, every sheet, every washable thing in the house. I hate to admit it, but I almost like him being sick because he actually wanted to cuddle. Kordell and I kept fighting over who got to hold him because he was being so lovey. The thing is, other than him wanting to cuddle and throwing up all over, you would have never known he was sick. He was still as mischievous as normal. Landon? Mischievous? Yes, we have gone from throwing objects under the gate down the stairs to him trying to slide himself under the gate to go down stairs. His newest thing to do is throw things away. His toys are his favorite things to throw away, but the other day I caught him throwing the TV remote away. One day, he actually found a piece of dirt/crumb (yes, my house is dirty) on the floor and threw it away.
Kind of hard teaching a 1 year old:
Dirt + trash = yes. Remote + trash = no.
Kind of hard teaching a 1 year old:
Dirt + trash = yes. Remote + trash = no.
Kordell turned the big 3-0 this month. He is OLD! It doesn’t seem like it until he actually says it; 30 years old. WOW. I don’t know why but to me, everyone “my age” is 26. I can’t get past that age for some reason. Actually, I can’t get past 16. Good thing I still have 2 years before I turn old! For Kordell’s birthday I decided instead of stressing and throwing him a surprise party that he would probably find out about anyways, I would let him decide what he wanted to do. Nice of me, I know. He chose going to a Bulls Game… So a group of us hit the streets of Chi-Town! I thought it would be fun to be cliché and get Bulls t-shirts for us; oh yea, it was real fun. I found one for Kordell right away and decided I didn’t find one cute enough for me so I wouldn’t get one. Then my friend told me she got one, so I said shoot, ok, I will find one. At this point in time, I would have to overnight a shirt to get it in time. So I took the cheap route and found the cheapest shirt since I knew I would be paying a small fortune in shipping. After I got my shirt, I asked Kordell “Is Thomas pretty good?” He then asked me who Thomas was and I said I didn’t know, someone on the Bulls team. He then proceeds to tell me Thomas doesn’t play for the Bulls anymore… oops. Guess that is why the T-shirt was on sale! Well I got my $9.99 out of that shirt.. in fact, we wore our Bulls shirts all day and all night. We were meeting up with a group of people at a restaurant after the game for dinner for one of the girls birthdays… little did we know this place was N.I.C.E. How nice? So nice that there was a lady in the restrooms to open my stall, squirt soap in my hands, turn on the water for me and hand me a towel. Uhh, talk about being under dressed. Oh well!! If we would have looked good, I wouldn’t have had anything to blog about!
So many choices for a song... This is the hardest part of my blog, it is so hard to narrow it down to one song. I can talk all day, but to pick one song.. that’s tough! Some people reading this may know what I am referring to but this past week something happened that really makes you step back, look at your life and be grateful for everything and everyone in it. Every time I hear this song, it makes me think about the fact that you never know when your time will come… so before I get too sappy…
take it away Beyonce!
take it away Beyonce!
No comments:
Post a Comment