Monday, January 2, 2012

Winter One-Derland

I really don't like new years resolutions. Why does it take a new year for someone to make a change?  99% of the time the resolution doesn't last past February anyway.  Diet, exercise, eat healthy, blah blah blah.  I do however like creative ones, or ones that actually might happen, like mine!  New years resolution 2012: Blog more!  Good thing I got a recliner for Christmas so I have the perfect blogging spot.  I started this whole blog for my son and to document important things in his life because baby books are sooo 2007!  Nope, I can't document walking yet, but it will be soon!  I remember saying this about crawling and he did the next day.  Although he is very close, we don't push it too much.  It is hard enough keeping up with the speed crawler,
I can't imagine once he's on his feet! 

Instead of doing my top 10 things we are lovin' about Landon, I will just tell you some of our favorites now.  See back when I was a better blogger, I would carry around a pad of paper and think "ohh, this would be good in the blog!" Then, I could refer back to my notes when I sat down to write these puppies, but then, I got lazy.  So, I am going off memory here.  Ok, so we went to Greencroft the other day to have lunch with Kordell's grandparents and let me tell you, if you know a single elder looking for a date, have them borrow someones baby.  Those old people loved him!!  He was eating it up, too.  One person didn't know if he was a boy or a girl and one thought he was 5 months old.. gotta love Greencroft!  He loves waving at people and playing with them from far away, but once they get close, he stares at them like, "who are you?"  Kind of like he did with his first encounter with Santa.
Our first Christmas was wonderful.  Minus the Christmas Tree.  Good thing we needed the snowflakes off of the tree for decorations for his birthday party so we could get that tree down ASAP.  Having an 11 month old with a Christmas Tree is beyond fun.  If I had a dollar, no even a penny, for every time we said "Landon, no" we would have enough money to have the tree automatically rise 4ft off the floor as Landon is crawling towards it.  Surprisingly, we only had 1 broken ornament, he broke it the day after Christmas.  We were a day too late.  He is rather sneaky though.  He likes to grab a toy and push it around with him as he crawls.  You think he is just playing and having a good time, but then he makes his way into trouble.  When you say "Landon, no" he grabs his toy like "What?  I was just playing with my toy!"  Speaking of being sneaky.. we set cookies out this year for Santa and as we were taking pictures, I decided to hold Landon up and hide while Kordell took the picture.  The little stinker snatched up a cookie and took a bite. 
Santa didn't mind:)
Things are so much fun now that Landon is eating real food.  I don't know when they start caring what they eat, but he eats everything!  We have yet to find something he doesn't like.  Ok, I lied a little.  He doesn't like Oranges (he makes a face like they are the most sour things in the world!).  What is his favorite food??  Bananas.  Actually he is obsessed with them.  I have a fruit bowl on our kitchen table and it is almost to the point that we need to start hiding them.  If we are eating breakfast with him, we cannot touch a banana or he starts screaming.  The other day I was eating a banana and he had a banana and every time I took a bite of mine, I had to explain that this was mommy's and this is Landon's.  It didn't register.  This morning as we were cutting it up he was actually shaking, waiting to take a bite.  I don't think it's healthy to be that obsessed with bananas!  We may need to stage an intervention.

This age is so fun!  Landon is really starting to get a personality and is doing some silly things!  For Christmas he got a battery operated four-wheeler; the first day he loved that thing.  Smiling ear to ear.  He still loves it but has some hesitation on it.  I think it is because when you push the button it jerks you back so hard that it kind of startles him.  He knows exactly what happens when you push the button so when we tell him to, he will gently touch his fingers on the button and giggle but won't push it.  For some reason, him being scared to push the button is the cutest thing.. don't believe me?  Watch this!
I can't even believe I am saying this, but we just celebrated Landon's 1 year birthday!!!  Can you believe we have a 1 year old??  We can't either.  This has truly been the best year of my life.  It is crazy to think of our lives before him.  Before I get too sentimental here, lets talk about his party.  Warning:  If you have not been on Pinterest, DON'T!  Seriously, it is a good thing I didn't work the entire week before the party because I needed every last minute for decorations.  It turned out to be great though.  I had a lot of help (which I really appreciate!) so it made things go very smoothly.  Here is a little sneak peek of the decorations, hot coco bar, desserts and us!
Landon shocked me though.  We took off all of his clothes to eat his cake and he was the most gentle cake eater!  He would just eat the icing, didn't even touch the cake part.  That was until I helped him and dug his hand in.  He didn't even get a crumb on him or the floor.  We just had his 1 year photo shoot today with a cake; he wasn't as shy this time.  He picked the entire thing up and took a bite.  I knew it wouldn't take long.
Of course everything couldn't have gone perfect for Landon's party, but fortunately, no one knew what went wrong.  The slide show.  Ughh.  I thought it would be so cute to have a slide show playing in the background with music and (399) pictures from the past year... simple enough, right?  No!  After trying it on about 5 different programs, losing the list of songs and deleting the finished slide show, 30 hours later, I got it to work!  Since all sorts of people probably can view this blog, I am not going to share 45 minutes worth of our family pictures, but I will share with you a song that was on the slide show. You can just look at the pictures on here for the next 3 minutes and 51 seconds!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment