I am pretty sure I am about a month behind or possibly two. My whole weekly blog days are long gone. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am going to aim at a monthly blog instead. I used to have this cute little baby who would just play on the floor right where you left him so I could put away the dishwasher, do laundry, clean, blog, etc. Nope - not anymore. Now I have a cute little baby who gets into everything. Just when I thought I had baby proofed everything he manages to get his little hands on the TV, bites the couch, beats the dog, etc. Yes, he goes to bed at 8pm but so do I. Needless to say, I have about zero time to sit down. Who needs P90x when you have a 10 ½ month old to chase around!
Let’s see, what’s new since we talked last?
One of my friends is getting married in a few weeks so I decided I would help throw her a bachelorette party!! About 30 woman took over my house to help celebrate; don’t worry I kicked the boys out. Even though I was having a panic attack with that many people in my house at once, it turned out to be a blast! After we played a game and opened gifts, we headed off to take over Lakeshore. Considering the dance floor is about the size of my bathroom, we really did take over. It’s weird going out as a married woman without your husband. I feel so old. But, let the record show, I still did get free drinks from the guys. It pays to be “Kordell’s Wife.” I guess I don’t mind him coaching soccer after all, those boys love him!
The past few weeks have been so hectic trying to put all of the finishing touches on the basement. Not that having my sitter come to my house to watch Landon isn’t wonderful in itself… but it is SO helpful when you have carpet people, window people, cable people, furniture people, etc coming day after day. Landon sure did have fun with all of these people in and out of the house. He likes to stand at the top of the stairs and yell down like “Why aren’t you paying attention to me…can you hear me up here??” Every time we start to carry him downstairs he gets very excited because he loves going down there and screaming because it echoes. Well, it did echo. The first time we went down once the carpet was in, we sat him on the ground and he was really confused. It didn’t take him long to start crawling around, or throw up on it. Kordell met his deadline of Landon’s birthday (12/31) to have the basement complete..
actually he was a month early, just in time for MY birthday!
Speaking of my birthday, it was last week, in case you didn’t hear. I love my birthday. People always say that once I get older I will not be the same way; I put money on it that I will be. It’s the only day out of the year that is all about ME. Yep, I am a brat. You may be thinking, what about Valentine’s Day… nope – My husband's birthday. What about Mothers day? Nope – I am not the only mother in the world. Sure, other people have the same birthday as me, but no one I see on my birthday; it works out perfect. I usually like to celebrate for the whole month of my birthday. But then again, who doesn’t?! November 18th is such a fun day. I love telling random people that it’s my birthday. Some people really love it and are excited for me while some people just look at me like “your point?!” I asked the lady at Lowe’s if I got a discount since it was my birthday and she said “no but you can save 5% and open a Lowes card!” Lady, just bag my stuff. My favorite was the lady at work who the day before said “Are you turning 23 or 24 tomorrow?” I took it as a complement at first, but then the more I thought about it, maybe she thinks I am immature?! Hummm… The best part of the whole day is that I can do whatever I want and say “because it’s my birthday!” Case in point – Kordell refuses to go back to Sauktrail for dinner but guess where went ended up going… Sauktrail. Why? “Because it’s my birthday!”
I love my birthday.
I went ahead and threw myself a “Great 28” birthday party over my birthday weekend and had such a surprise! My sister Lindsay and I went out to Mishawaka that morning to do a little shopping and my mom had called and said she was at my house and was going to help set up stuff and clean before my party. We pulled in and she was already there, no biggie. I walk into the house singing “peat peat peat peat” and my sister and niece from Arizona were in my living room! I seriously was speechless! I don’t think I have ever realllly been surprised with an actual surprise before. I usually figure them out or have some sort of a hunch that something is going on but not this time. I was completely surprised!! I guess it has been planned for months and even my babysitter was in on it and I had no clue!
I am pretty sure they win the award for farthest traveled!
I do have to admit, sadly, I think I may be getting mmmm …. Mmaaa.. Ok, I’ll say it. MATURE. My great 28 was anything but. Don’t get me wrong, I did have fun and was so happy all of my friends came and helped me celebrate but I think I had so much anticipation for the party that it just didn’t turn out like expected. I just remember the old singing and dancing until 3 in the morning days. I am pretty sure I had cleaned up from the party, swept my floors, did dishes and was in bed by 11:30. Am I old?! I won’t say names but we did have a little incident at the party that may have had a little bit to do with it ending so abruptly. Let’s just put it out there… do not walk with a Thomas the Train tunnel over your body.
As my dad would say “nothing good will come from that.”
Now that the basement has been done for one whole week…. I am sure Kordell was getting bored just sitting on the couch watching his new TV. This just gives him another project. Guess his deadline for Landon’s birthday is now back on the drawing board.
I think sometime soon I will have to do another “what we are lovin’ about Landon right now” post because we love A LOT. Ok, we love everything! He is at such a fun age right now! We are so excited for the Holiday’s coming up so we can spend extra time at home with him, for his first Thanksgiving, first Christmas and first Birthday party!!!
This song is for my sister Lindsay and Kordell. Team Kordell/Lindsay thought she said “beep beep beep beep” but DJ Erin said it was “peat peat peat peat…”
After we listened to it on Re peat peat peat peat peat….
Guess who won?? DUH.
No comments:
Post a Comment