Friday, October 28, 2011

Weekend Re-cap #19

Ahh home sweet home.  We got home late Friday night from vacation and all slept in late Saturday.  That 3 hour time difference really does a number to you!  Saturday morning, we did what I have been waiting to do for years.  Went carpet shopping!  The basement is so close to being done so we went to go check out carpet and found the perfect one.  I can’t wait to have it installed!  Toys are taking over my living room.  Saturday afternoon we went to the pumpkin patch (finally) with the Goods to pick up pumpkins.  We also went to pick our own apples.  After we walked up and down about 8 rows and didn’t find a single apple, I decided I would just go up to the shop and buy them the old fashion way.  Someone probably got paid to pick those apples for me so I better do my part with the economy and secure that person a job! 
Landon had fun playing in the fields with Cole while we “picked” apples.   
 
 
After eating out for a whole week during our vacation, I was so excited to finally cook a meal at home.  That is probably why I ruined it and the dessert Sunday.  Perfect.  Great way to start off the week.  Usually after being off for a week, the work week drags on.  That was not the case this time.  Next thing I know, its Friday night and we are furniture shopping.  Yeah, we are wild and crazy, I know.  I am not sure why it took 2 and a half hours to buy furniture when walking into the store we knew what pieces we wanted.  Actually, I do know why it took so long but I won’t get into it.  These people could be related to you.  I did manage to get a free clock while I was there so I would say that it ended pretty well.  As the cashier was handing me my receipt she said “congratulations.”  Is buying furniture a celebratory event?  Maybe I should have a couch warming party!  Wait, maybe I did like that girl after all. 
 
It was a family filled Saturday/Sunday.  Saturday we were with the Megan’s and watched the ND game.  It was an unforgettable evening.  Why you may ask?  Because some punks decided to throw a pumpkin at my car so now every time I get into my car, I see the dent and am reminded of our fun evening together!  Sunday we were with the Schrock clan.  26 people under one roof.  20 adults 6 kids.  It wasn’t loud at all!  No really, it wasn’t.  I had a slight panic attack before the even thinking all of those people would be under one roof, and how crazy and frantic and loud it would be.  Surprisingly, it wasn’t.  Now if we would have brought the 3 dogs inside, then it may be a different story!  I actually talked Kordell into coming to the grocery with me on the way home so we had a family trip to Meijer.  For some reason it helps having someone else around when Landon smiles and flirts with strangers.  It’s not quite as awkward. 
I am just waiting for the day he calls a strange man “da da.” 
This song is for Kordell …and my mom who thinks she knows all the wordsJ
Warning - It says unedited.  Honestly, I have never listened to this video,
so I don't know what it says.. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment