Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend Re-cap #9

Wow am I behind!

Well we have had the most crazy past few weeks;  my sister and her family have been in town for the past 18 days so between that, our Gatlinburg vacation and my babysitter "issue" I have had zero time and zero motivation to blog. Don't worry, I'm back!  But the problem is, I can't remember exactly what I did the the past few weeks so this one won't be as wordy.. I'll just post pictures of the week of the fourth..  (lucky you!) 


Kordell caught dinner - yes, he is holding a fish
(good thing we had other stuff to eat)


Landon playing in his PJ's with his cousins. 
Never a dull moment with these 3.  Even when they first wake up!

Landon had such a fun time in his new jet ski grandma got him.  His bathing suits are all too big so he just went skinny dipping.. the funniest part?  He found his little friend, that pretty much kept him occupied for a long time.  He was getting quite frustrated though that he could not remove it from that location. :)

We had a great 4th of July hanging out with my family, playing on the lake and watching the neighbors fireworks, because we are too cheap to buy our own!  It wouldn't be a Megan 4th of July if there wasn't a fight!  The best part of the whole dispute is my dad calling his intoxicated neighbor "Clown Boy."  You wouldn't think this would offend someone, but this guy was *MAD*.  Next time someone is acting dumb, go ahead and use that line, it will straighten them out!  I also realized how much I don't like the 4th of July.  Don't get me wrong, its a wonderful Holiday, I just hate the fireworks that go with it.  So the 4th landed on a Monday this year so that means 99.9% of the world has to work the next day.  No, I didn't, but still, do we have to do fireworks at midnight on a "school night?"  Not only were my neighbors doing fireworks, but they were aimed at my house.  I was pretty sure a bottle rocket was going to land on my bed.  Somehow Landon slept through WWIII outside his window. 
I hate fireworks.

Thanks to the Boston sisters for inviting Kordell, Landon and me out on Wawasee over the 4th.  Of course I didn't take my camera, which may have been best, but regardless, we had a blast!! 


And now, for the cliche song for my 4th of July blog.. Firework


1 comment:

  1. hilarious. I love the "found his little friend" part. What is a mother to do when he continues to examine it??? :)

    ReplyDelete